13.<3

As Zayn lay on Billy’s table getting another tattoo to his chest Liam and Stella made a small place on a couch near the front of the shop. The pizza box sat between them but their bodies faced one another, as they talked to one another it was as if they had known each other their whole lives. In the dreamscape that was completely true but neither were willing to admit that they had met before. So instead they shared their time learning about one another.

Liam learned about all the odd jobs that Stella had held since she was in high school. To him the lifestyle seemed so frantic and unsure. He liked having one job and holding it; it was steady and provided a constant sense of safety. That was where Stella differed. She liked the excitement of life and the changes it could bring. She never worried because fate simply had a way of making it work out in the end. She had that kind of luck and belief in the best.

Once they had their fill of pizza, Liam reached for the box and set it on the floor so that he could sit a bit closer to Stella. Her green and blue eyes watched him carefully as his body shifted to the middle cushion of the couch. She felt her breathing hitch as he grew closer and let a smile spread across her face.

“What are you doing?” She asked curiously as she looked over his larger frame now leaning closer to her, his chocolate eyes staring intently into her own imperfect ones.

“I want to see your eyes better,” he murmured as he looked at her, “They’re so beautiful. I don’t mean to be rude but I’ve only seen them in your pictures,” he lied.

“Ah, well thank you.” Stella blushed and looked down momentarily before she let her eyes travel back to his. “It’s called Heterochromia, a genetic abnormality.” She was born with her mismatched orbs and found that explaining it was the best route.

Liam stared quietly into Stella’s eyes, smiling at how red she became. He longed to reach out again and hold her as he did before but instead he decided to be kind and let his eyes drop, his body shifting back against the back of the couch.

“That’s one beautiful flaw,” he commented, “I just have these brown things. They are hardly anything special.”

“Oh no,” Stella interjected, “They are beautiful. They say eyes are the windows to the soul you know?”

“Oh and what do you know about my soul, Stella?” He asked with a playful grin. He knew that within the dreamscape, Stella could tell him anything about his life, his soul, his likes or dislikes, she knew him like the back of her hand.

Stella adjusted herself in the place at the couch and faced Liam better. She now had the opportunity to invade his space, staring deeply into his eyes and even further into his soul. He had felt this type of stare before in the dreamscape; he knew that she wouldn’t miss a thing with the way she looked at him.

“You’re warm,” she started as she now began to look over his face, “but hurt.” She was very thoughtful and deliberate with her choices and just like in that first dream, Stella dug deeply into Liam’s innermost self.

“You take everything so cautiously. You like risk, but only if you calculated it properly,” she said as she reached up to touch the gentle lines that were sculpted near his eyes, showing signs of wear.

“A good soul with much to give and so many reasons that stop you from making it happen.”

Liam was silent as Stella pulled herself back from him, her back now resting against the arm of the couch. She looked at him, her head tilted slightly down and her eyebrows raised.

“Wellllllll?” She asked, elongating the word.

“Stella, it’s like you’ve known me your whole life.” He toned, his hand rubbing along the top of his head, his face in disbelief.