28.<3

After returning to the beach house, Liam began to pack up his things to prepare for his flight to New York the next day. It was so hard to pack when his mind was on Stella stuck somewhere in a nightmare by now. He knew tomorrow he’d be a wreck, he was a terrible person for leaving her in such a state but he couldn’t get out of the tour. The only solace he took from the situation was that Eleanor and Perrie were staying behind to take care of her for a few more days. Liam just hoped that Stella would be better by then.

Once he was packed Liam climbed into bed, groaning softly as his head hit the pillow. He looked around blankly through the dark room, his eyes landing on the moon that was perfectly framed by his window. Reaching over, Liam grabbed the pillow that Stella used to sleep on and curled up to it. He could still faintly smell her in the fabric and he hoped it’d be enough to trigger what he needed. Liam’s form spread out on the bed, his fingers reaching out to the cool side of the bed. He missed Stella’s warmth, the way she curled under the sheets, the way she would look at him in the morning. His phone buzzed by his bedside and he reached for it begrudgingly.

Text Message - Danielle Peazer: So you’re really with her? There’s no chance we can talk about this?

Liam groaned quietly into his pillow as the message was displayed on his screen. He could see the other messages that lay before them, all were her asking if things were true and why Liam had to move on so quickly. He had tried his best to keep Danielle at bay but he knew that this was the key piece to his puzzle. He couldn’t save Stella until his wall with Danielle was down and she was left in his memory, as just that, a memory.

Yes, I’m with her. We’re done talking. It was nice Dani but I think I love someone else. I hope you find someone who makes you happy. Goodnight.

Liam sent the message once it was typed, not giving himself any time to rethink the message or what he was saying. It was done. He was done. She was done. Liam knew that there was only one girl for him and he was late for a date with the sandman.

Liam didn’t like dreaming anymore. He hated how lonely it felt not having that caramel-haired spirit running around him, pointing out every fucking thing that had any sort of meaning. He hated how he couldn’t understand the reason why the sky wasn’t the perfect shade of blue, or why he kept seeing ladybugs. He hated that he sent her away. He hated that she was in a hospital. He was scared that he couldn’t save her, that he wasn’t ready for this kind of adventure.

He needed her. Those blue and green eyes. The small freckles behind her ears. Her sun-kissed skin and tan lines that only he could see. He missed the way she silenced him. The way her eyes found the deepest corners of his soul and didn’t judge him. Her laugh when he did something stupid. Her smile so genuine. The curve of her hip under his sheets. The way she breathed against his neck when she was turned on. Her words that came so easy, so smooth. She was everything. She was dreamed to life. Then he sent her away.

He stood motionless in the dreamscape; the sound, the buzz, the color from the world faded away. In the distance, he saw the garden. He saw his arms tossed in the air and his face tight with anger. Stella stood in the rain, drenched as the sledgehammer was dropped from her hands as Liam grabbed her forcefully. Was it that forceful? Did he hurt her when he grabbed her like that? Liam watched on as the old dream continued to play out before him. He could barely make out the words at first but soon they grew in volume.

“Stop it! I’m done with you doing this! You can’t come into someone’s life and read them like a book! I can’t let you do this to me anymore!”

Liam could hear the words clearly now as he watched himself scream loudly in Stella’s face. He had never seen himself so angry. He then looked at Stella, her frame quivering under his grasp.