22.<3

The next few days with the boys were amazing, Stella of course had to go to work for a few hours here and there but that just gave Liam time to hang out with the boys and explore the city a bit more.  Plus it was good for Liam to be photographed without the caramel-haired author from time to time.

As the days went on, Stella grew more nervous as Louis and Zayn announced the arrival of their girlfriends, Eleanor and Perrie, for the remainder of the trip. She knew that it would be nice to have the girls around and both Louis and Zayn assured Stella that they were eager to meet Liam’s new love interest. What worried her was that she knew that they pair were close with Liam’s ex, Danielle. She never really had to worry about fitting in with a group of girlfriends but as the week went on she didn’t see her relationship with Liam ending… at least she didn’t want it to.

They hadn’t quite gotten on topic about what they would do with their relationship because every time Stella would ask Liam’s walls went up and he shut her out. She usually was a very patient person, she worked with children after all, but she knew she couldn’t wait out forever. She had told herself from the beginning that she should just enjoy the time she was getting with Liam but you can’t control what the heart wants, no matter how many times you tell it otherwise.

She was hoping that the girls would have some insight into Liam and his puzzling introversion when it came to talking about relationships but one thing kept nagging in the back of Stella’s head: Liam wasn’t over Danielle.

Stella groaned quietly as she remembered the promise she made to Louis and Zayn to entertain the girls for the evening. She wanted to make a good impression on them and decided to keep it low key for the night, choosing to make them a dinner at the beach house and have a nice beach picnic. She went out and gathered up groceries, making sure to get a few extra things for the boys and came back to the house with her arms full of bags. She was just thankful Liam had come with her to help.

Once she was inside she went to work on cooking up dinner for her and the girls. She kept one eye on the clock and the other eye on Liam who tried to sneak some of her food. She would bat his hand with a wooden spoon at each attempt, hoping to deter him but it was no use. 

“Please!?” Liam pleaded, his face giving Stella his patented puppy pout, “You haven’t cooked for me yet, I want some!”

“No! You’re going out with the boys to dinner and a movie while the girls and I bond, that’s the plan.” Stella scolded, but the smile on her face gave away any sort of authority she thought she had over the male.

“Please?” Liam asked again, this time he placed is hands on her hips and came behind the smaller female, his lips pressed to her neck. “Pleaseeee?” He elongated is plea.

“One bite!” She warned as she lifted a small piece of chicken to his lips from the frying pan to let him taste.

“Mmm, that’s delicious. What are you making with that?” He asked, his fingers quickly dipping into the hot pan to grab another piece and pop it in his mouth as Stella was distracted. Of course he wasn’t quick enough and got a quick swipe with the wooden spoon again, causing him to shake out his fingers in pain.

“That one really hurt, love!” He pouted and moved away from the girl and went to the front of the kitchen so he could watch her better as Stella moved around the kitchen effortlessly.

“I’m going to make burrito bowls for the girls and I. Rice, beans, cheese, homemade salsa, sour cream and guacamole.” She smiled at him, ignoring his whines of pain. “We can pack them in little bowls and take them onto the beach with our wine and have a cute picnic while the sun goes down.”

Liam smiled at the thoughtfulness Stella put into planning the dinner for Eleanor and Perrie, he knew that the girls would enjoy it but he knew that the thoughtfulness came from her nervousness for the night.