4.<3

Stella’s shift at the tattoo shop went by quickly; most of her shift was spent packing up one of the back rooms since the new shop would be opening in just a few days. She was rather dirty and couldn’t wait to get home and shower. As she said her goodbyes to the other workers, she fished her keys out of her purse and unlocked her car door. Stepping inside, she started the car up and decided to check her phone before heading home. Needless to say she was shocked to see that her twitter had exploded with notifications.

New followers, new mentions, new direct messages… new everything and they kept coming. She managed to scroll through them enough to get rid of the notifications on the top of her phone before dropping the device into her purse. She really needed time to wrap her head around this new-found twitter fame. Sure, she was all for it when Liam had first mentioned her, but she wasn’t expecting that kind of response.

Putting the car into reverse, she pulled out of her parking space and hurried home. One Direction played quietly in the background as she tried to drown out the muffled beeps her phone made as her twitter continued to send her notifications. She knew that before she showered she would fix her notifications so that she wouldn’t have to deal with the constant annoyance of her new-found twitter fandom.

As she pulled up to Mr. and Mrs. Posey’s house she saw that the lights were all off, it was way past their bedtime. Killing the engine, Stella gathered up her things in her arms once more before walking up the small path that led to the house and down those steps to her basement apartment. She let her ringed fingers flip on her light switch and let her eyes adjust to the dim lighting that crept over the walls and faded into the darkest corners of her place. She dropped her bag in the corner after grabbing her phone, she saw a few text messages and of course, the twitter notifications.

She sauntered over to her mini-fridge and pulled out a leftover burrito. She brought it to her nose and sniffed it before shrugging her shoulders and unwrapping it, taking a huge bite as she trudged to her bed. There wasn’t much room in the basement so the bed had to double for a couch. Stella sighed as she held the burrito in one hand and her cell phone in the other, her thumb scrolling to the settings to change her notifications.

Stella let out a deep sigh of relief once things were changed and decided that before she hopped into the shower she would actually read what some people were saying about her on twitter. As she looked over her follower count it had jumped up by a couple thousand since she had last checked it, she only remembered having just over 500 followers and now it was creeping closer to 3000. The only thing that stuck out to her was that now Liam was included in that list of followers.  She couldn’t help but be a bit excited that he followed her, she knew how many girls longed to be followed by any member of One Direction, and now she was one of the lucky few. As she continued to scroll she noted that most of the names were that of young female fans of Liam and decided that her mind should drift off the new follows and to something more important. She let out a sigh through her nose as she took another bite of her cold burrito and found the courage to look up her mentions.

“@Stella_McB I was sent here by @Real_Liam_Payne and I think you’re just great!”

“@Stella_McB honestly was stunned to find out @Real_Liam_Payne read your stuff! #fangirl”

“@Stella_McB I totally ship you and @Real_Liam_Payne. You could write songs for @OneDirection!”

“@Stella_McB Heard you were the reason why @Real_Liam_Payne and @DaniellePeazer broke up? TRUE?!”

“@Stella_McB ew, you’re a terrible writer and who the fuck has two different colored eyes!? #loser”

Stella decided that she had enough; she knew there were two sides to every coin but she wondered if one side was a bit dirtier upon further inspection. She wasn’t too knowledgeable on the etiquette of twitter but she knew that with all these new followers she couldn’t just leave them hanging. She took a bite of her burrito and balanced it carefully on her thigh before bringing the phone closer to her face.

“Hey lookit all these new followers! Thanks again to @Real_Liam_Payne for the righteous promo! Check out my blog for more posts! Goodnight! :)”

With that last tweet, Stella placed her phone on its charger and went back to her burrito as she turned on the television as some background noise. Relaxing in her bed, she finished off the last of her food before slipping off the bed and headed into the shower. She was glad to wash the dirt and grime off of her for the day; between the sticky hands of the small children and the dirt of the tattoo shop, she felt disgusting.

Needless to say that she felt like a new woman once she exited her shower and put on her pajamas. Now it was her favorite time of day, bedtime or more appropriately, her dreamtime. As she collapsed into her bed, she groaned as she forgot to turn off her light and dragged herself to her feet again. She trudged towards the light switch and shut it off before running the distance across the basement and leaped into her bed.

As much as she loved dreaming, she hated the dark. She knew that it was silly, but Stella was adamant that there was almost something more to the dark when it was engulfed a space so quickly. She was that child who always had Daddy check under the bed for monsters, but of course at 21 she couldn’t do that anymore. Instead she had a small night light that sat in the corner of the room, giving her hope that the dark would never fully take her.