THE END <3

A/N so this is the end :'(! Thank you for over 200 votes and so many reads :D! ENJOY CUPCAKES 

The thing about pushing over a domino is that one it starts a chain reaction, you can’t interrupt it. You must wait patiently and watch as each stack falls over and triggers another series of events. If you try to stop it you risk ruining the entire landscape, causing things to happen quicker than they should. Sometimes you didn’t know where the dominos were going, the pattern breaking off like branches on a tree, and that was when the wait was the worst.

The following morning after Liam saved Stella from the dreamscape she was still in the same dreary state she had been for over a week. It discouraged Liam to find out that Stella didn’t just snap out of her sickness. Kelly assured him that this was normal and that she was indeed getting better. The only solace that Liam took from the situation was that Kelly assured him the nightmares were over and when she slept it was peaceful and uninterrupted.

Liam would call Stella every day, sometimes twice. They were even able to set up a few Skype sessions with the help of Eleanor and Perrie who still stayed at Stella’s side. Liam didn’t know what he would do without those girls. Liam could tell that Stella was slowly getting better and becoming more like herself, but he wanted her back instantly. The way he knew she was truly getting better was that she began to show up in his dreams again and she was just as ethereal as the day he first met her in his garden. 

The guys in the band were happy to see a change in Liam, he would joke around and smile with them again. He didn’t miss any of his parts in the songs and would goof around during shows. He met up with fans and took pictures, but most importantly he didn’t hide his love for Stella. If someone asked about Stella, he would answer it. Granted, he wouldn’t answer every question, but he wasn’t afraid to call her his anymore. He was done with one chapter of his life and Stella was now the new chapter… hell, she was a whole new book.

The tour went smoothly enough, the boys slowly making their way down the east coast and then down through the southern region of the United States. Each night Liam would call Stella and listen to her tell him all about her day in the hospital. It was a dreary story but she always had a way to make him laugh and not feel so bad that he was across the country and so far away from her.

Every day he would call, and everyday Stella regained more and more of herself. She would tease him, laugh, joke about the girls; it was like she never really left. Liam was pleased to hear from Kelly that she was going to be released but unfortunately would have to take a few more days off at home to make sure there were no relapses.

Liam seemed to know immediately when Stella was released from the hospital because her picture seemed to pop up on every gossip website and his twitter feed. She looked so shocked at the attention, at first she was scared of the flashing lights; her eyes were covered by a pair of dark lenses, Eleanor and Perrie on either side of her. As the pictures continued her body eased and she grinned at the camera, giving them a signature bird before she softened her approach by throwing up a peace sign. Liam smiled, knowing that his feisty girl was back and she wasn’t going to let them get to her.

The calls continued over the next few days and Liam was completely crestfallen when he realized that Eleanor and Perrie were going to join them on the tour for a week but that Stella wouldn’t be well enough to travel with them.

“Are you sure that you can’t make it out to Orlando?” Liam asked as he stared at his computer screen’s projection of Stella on Skype. She was sitting in bed with a cup of coffee in her hands as she looked down at the same image of Liam some 3,000 miles away. Technology was grand.

“I’m positive,” Stella replied sadly. “The doctors think I need to take it easy for a few more days. I know it’s a long wait but you’re going to be in San Diego again in about two weeks. Maybe then I’ll be okay to come with you.” She frowned slightly and let her fingers reach out to touch the screen, hoping to feel his warm skin underneath but instead found cool glass.