-(4) i like your scent, malfoy

DRACO doesn't think it's "nothing" though; but it- more specifically- Zilliah has been taking up most of his thoughts and he decides it is best to let it be the way it is and not to dwell on it anymore.

"You're cold", he points out.

"Just a little.."

He shakes his head at her attempt to hide it before calling out to Crabbe and Goyle.

"Get us two firewhiskys", he orders them, and like the dumb henchmen they were, they obey him and walk off to get it.

"I've never had it before", she tells him.

What the- "Never? Really?!"

"Yeah.. no"

"Gods, Emerson", he chuckles as Crabbe and Goyle come back and hand him two glasses. "Here, then. Take your first shot. It'll help with the cold too."

She takes a huge sip of the drink and he watches as she downs it. Her nose wrinkles as the heat courses down her throat and at the end, she makes a small 'tch' noise under her breath that sounds awfully adorable before turning to him.

Look away, you fucking creep.

"Wow, this is.. sizzling!"

He huffs before taking a sip out of his own. "That's an oddly specific word."

"Well, I'm an oddly specific person."

He shakes his head, a small smile uncontrollably slipping into his features at her little toughness.

She is still cold though, he notices. She is still shivering slightly and pulling at the sleeves of her sweatshirt and the ends of her skirt.

Why am I even doing this, he asks himself internally as he takes off his blazer and offers it to her, leaving him only in his black shirt and pants. "Here.."

She reaches for it but then stops halfway, suddenly indecisive. "Won't you get cold?"

"I'm a human furnace. I'll be alright."

She hesitates a moment more but then smiles and takes it from him. "Human furnace, huh?" She chuckles before putting it on- the blazer reaching a little below her knees. "Won't help the rest but thanks. I appreciate it."

He waves a hand nonchalantly, his mind surprisingly still fixed upon that sound of her chuckle. God, is it so annoying- so annoying that it is so charming. 

He snaps himself out of it and fixes his eyes on her even more resolutely for some reason he couldn't even begin to comprehend. "You better?"

She takes yet another sip out of her glass and mumbles, staring ahead. "Yeah. Loads."

"Alright."

A small smile. It is all that takes to draw him in even further and the next second, he is examining her features with the extreme scrutiny. Her hazel eyes with the slightest tint of gold- the slight curve the tip of her nose had- her plump and red lips- her single dimple- he notices it all.

"I like your scent, Malfoy", she says, tilting her head to the side to look at him.

He scoffs, instantly plucking his gaze away from her and fixing it upon the people dancing their nights away. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean.. your scent is good", she starts to explain, in all the confidence of a person accustomed to proper speech even though she didn't seem like the type for it to him. "You don't put on too much perfume unlike Theo who gives you a scorching headache with it. And don't even let me get started on Blaise. But yours..", she stops and tilts her head to the collars of the suit, and sniffs before speaking again. "It's a citrus scent, isn't it?"