-(85) so close to losing him again

ZILLIAH can feel her mind racing, her bones giving out, and her breaths getting rapid. Xena, who claimed to be Draco's sister, had bound them all to the ground by some spell from her first mother's scepter. And then she knocked Draco unconscious with it and took him into the mirror realm. And it's clear from that what her intentions are, no matter who she truly is.

Zilliah had never felt such pain or fear before. She realizes how every single troubled instance she gets into, she thinks that it is the extreme. Like nothing else in the future could compare to that one. Wrong. 

When Draco was taken away from her, it was like her very heart was plucked out of her body. It was like there was not a bone in her that wasn't being reduced to dust. Every nerve in her whole goddamn body was on fire. She started thrashing and writhing on the floor, trying to scream at Xena to let him go but she could not free herself nor could she speak a single word. Xena just smiled cruelly at her then, and vanished with him behind the barrier. And she couldn't see him anymore. It only aggravated her panic.

But she knew she had to think rationally instead of giving weight to her emotions. And by that logic, the first task was to unbind the spell on them all.

There is no question that Zara was a powerful queen. Her magic was a force to be reckoned with. Almost half of her power is stored in that scepter. Any spell cast from it is strong and lethal. But her strength could never compare to Zilliah's. She isn't called the most potent dark weapon on earth for no reason. 

Earlier, she had no grasp over her powers and that's what made her so weak and fragile. But right now, armed with all the memories of when she was Lilith- all the knowledge of the spells and curses of the Argive magic combined with all the readings she had undertaken in this life in the woods- nothing was keeping her at bay.

But even with that, it took her hours to figure out a loophole in the binding spell upon them because it was very similar to the magic restraining chains she had on for six months back at the Emersons' house. There was a distinct screeching in her head that prohibited her from thinking straight. Every time she came up with a point, it would get drowned by the intolerable howling.

But she didn't give up. She couldn't give up. Not when Draco was in danger.

So she tried. Even when it felt like she would've to get a new brain by the end of it, she tried and she tried. By the time the sun had begun to rise into the sky, casting a shade of orange and red on the surface down below, she had freed them all and rushed to the barrier only to find that there is no way to get through that now.

Untrue, there is a way to get through it. And she is going to find it.

She closes her eyes and paces, trying to think of a way she can get to the other side, drowning all of her companion's voices away. The nerve fibers of her brain feel like it is caught on literal fire but she pushes through, clutching her hair and pulling at her strands, going through every single possibility they have.

They could try to find the shifting entrance but for that, they'd have to search the whole entire island cause god knows where that shit is right now. It could take days, weeks, or even months.

She lost her love once. She cannot lose him again.

Zilliah snaps her head up and rushes to the barrier, coming to a stop as her hands meet the hard surface of the glass. 

"What are you doing?", Layla asks, approaching her, worried and scared.

"I'm getting Draco back", she shoots back at her, closing her eyes and feeling the magic flowing through the barrier. She lets her mind weave through the power residing in it. She lets it see how desperate she is to get through. She lets it take advantage of that and infiltrate her veins. She brings the words of Lilith's spirit to the forefront of her mind.