-(100) they won't ever know what he has lost

what is stronger
than the human heart
which shatters over and over
and still lives

-rupi kaur

T H E  F I N A L  C H A P T E R

(song recommendation: Džanum - Teya Dora
I highly recommend playing this song on repeat as you start this chapter because it is the same one I listened to when I wrote it. I believe the right music always enhances the emotions we feel when we are reading but really it's up to you and if you prefer to read without music, then know that there's nothing wrong with it too <3)

.

Harry Potter has died. Or at least, that's what they all believe. And they believe it because Lucius Malfoy had crouched over his body and checked for a pulse. He had told them that the Dark Lord has finished the boy once and for all. But that wasn't true. Because Lucius Malfoy did feel a pulse. He did hear Harry breathe. He had asked him if his wife and his son were alive. He had noticed Harry nodding. Then, he had got up and lied. Lied to his master and all his servants.

Lucius Malfoy, for once in his life, decided to do the good thing- to choose the right way. He decided that his own family mattered to him more than anything else. He had understood his wrongdoings and intended to correct them- intended to end this torture of a life- this darkness- this unruly war- once and for all. He only hoped he wasn't too late to do it.

They had marched to Hogwarts to celebrate the Dark Lord's victory- a victory he didn't really win. Rubeus Hagrid had carried Harry Potter in his arms, shocking everyone- his girlfriend, Ginny- his best friends, Ron and Hermione- and every other person standing there- as they took in the sight of his unmoving body.

Voldemort proclaimed to them the fate of Harry Potter. He told them to put their faith in him- to join his side- or die.

Lucius notices his son and his wife upon the stairs and he breathes a sigh of relief.

Neville Longbottom steps up and says that he has something to share with the crowd.

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone", he starts, edging closer to Voldemort, a sack in hand and his wand in the other.

"Stand down, Neville", Seamus Finnigan, his friend advises.

"People die every day", Neville's voice only roars higher. "Friends. Family. We lost Harry tonight. But he is still with us. In here!", he points to his chest and Voldemort cackles at it.

Neville fixes his eyes upon him, unblinking as he edges closer and closer. "So is everyone that has died in this war. All of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will."

Voldemort cackles again. Nagini hisses.

"Because you're wrong", Neville spits outs in utter disgust, inches away from Voldemort. "Harry's heart did beat for us. For all of us. This is not over!", he shouts, pulling out the sword of Gryffindor from the sack he was holding.

At that very moment, Harry Potter rolls down from Hagrid's arms. Very much alive.

Neville uses that distraction to kill Nagini- the last horcrux.

Voldemort falls to his knees.

Neville steps away into the crowd as Harry approaches, wand in hand.

He raises it and points it at Voldemort. "It's over, Tom."

Half of his death eaters run away. The other half stay, unsure of what to do. When they make to attack, Voldemort holds up a hand and stops them.

And then he laughs.