-(11) the way you look at stars

THE EMERSON FAMILY

BLOOD STATUS: PURE

ONE OF THE KNOWN LAST REMAINING PURE BLOOD FAMILIES IN EXISTENCE

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

.

ZILLIAH watches him- his snide smile, his mean eyes, his vague gestures- all of it- how the words that roll out of his mouth and the way he stands makes him look superior even without trying. He had such a boyish charm to him that it was impossible not to notice. He was the pure definition of class and he knew it.

"You're staring at him again." It was Pansy.

Zilliah snaps her head back at her companion. They were beside the black lake on a snowy evening before the Christmas Holidays, just relaxing after a whole week of unending work.

"I'm not staring at him!", Zilliah protests. "I was just looking in that direction and he happened to be there. It's not my fault, is it?"

Pansy smiles, seeing right through the lie. "Then why was that look on your face?"

"What look?", she raises an eyebrow at her.

"There's this look you have when he's in your vision."

"And what on earth might that be", Zilliah groans, trying to sound disinterested.

But she clearly fails. Pansy just chuckles and stretches her limbs. "You look at him the way you look at stars."

Zilliah knows what's coming. "And?"

Pansy turns and looks her right in the eye. "You love the stars."

She did. She loved the stars so fucking much. And if that was the way in which she looked at him, then boy was she done. "I so don't look at him like that."

"Denial. I've seen that before." She waves a hand carelessly.

Zilliah sighs. She can't handle this topic of discussion anymore. Luckily for her, Pansy never shot down an opportunity to rant about her own life. "How did your date with Wilson go?"

"Ughhh", Pansy groans, falling easily for the trap Zilliah laid out. "It was so fucking boooooring. He might as well have used the cruciatus curse on me instead of rambling on about some shit I couldn't care less about. The only highlight was that he introduced me to his sister who happened to be there." Her eyes twinkle and her voice lifts as she continues. "She's in our year, actually. In Ravenclaw. A really pretty one, she is. And remarkably witty too."

"Ah!" Zilliah tries her best to keep her face and voice neutral. "What's her name?"

"Elara", Pansy replies dreamily.

"That's a beautiful name."

"I know right?!", Pansy squeaks.

Zilliah just can't help it anymore. "Sounds like you grew quite fond of her."