-(24) you're becoming one of us

DRACO understands the gravity of his actions but he doesn't regret it- not for one second. She could hate him for all eternity but if it ever comes to a situation like that again, he'd hold her back, through and through. He doesn't even know what it is about her that has gotten him like this but what he does know is that he wouldn't let her just free walk into her own death when he has it in his power to prevent it.

"She's still not speaking to you?", Pansy's voice comes, making him turn his attention upon her, pacing about his room.

He gives the slightest shake of the head in response from against the bed frame he was leaning on.

"Not even a glance?", she stops, right at the foot of the bed, her hands stuffed into her black ribbed sweater's pockets.

"No", he answers her question with a tired sigh escaping him.

"Can't blame her either, now can we?", she mumbles out, bringing her hands up and chipping away at her nails before continuing to pace back and forth along the length of the room.

"No", he sighs again, leaning down and hiding his face behind the bent up knees. Even despite the set mind, his heart still aches for her presence- her touch- her voice- her everything. "I'm going to see Snape", he declares at last, rising from the bed.

Pansy halts at the left end of the room, looking at him with uncertainty. "Why?"

"He had asked me to see him before we go back home."

She nods, continuing her pacing. "I'll.. I'll go see how she's doing."

He grabs his robe and puts it on before walking upto the door. "Just.. do the best you can for her, will you?"

"She isn't really speaking to me either.. well actually, she isn't really speaking to anyone-"

He turns back to her with a desperate and imploring look, his fingers on the door handle.

"I will, Draco", she promises, gulping down the rest of her words, reading the emotions off his face. "I will do everything I can."

He nods, shooting a small and strained smile her way, in gratitude. He trusts her. He always did.

He then leaves the room instantly, trying to clear his mind as he makes his way directly towards the Potions classroom where Snape had instructed him to come earlier in the morning.

"Draco..", he acknowledges his presence as he enters, lifting his head up from the papers scrawled out on the table.

"You wished to see me, Professor." He keeps his tone carefully neutral.

"Close the door Draco and don't think you can fool me with that uncaring tone. I very well know where you learnt it from."

He does as Snape asks and remains at the far end of the room, maintaining his neutrality despite the words from the very man he had learnt it from.

Snape sighs, a long and exhausted sigh and then beckons him forward.

He obeys and walks upto the table.

"Why is Zilliah so angry with you?" This is the first question he asks, examining every last inch of Draco's features.

"Wouldn't it have been better if you asked her that, Professor?", he shoots back, stiffly.

"She.." Snape's mask falter for half a second as he adverts his gaze down, and in that very few moments, Draco mines out the concern in his features- the hopelessness- and that's only why he decides to speak.

"I used the body binding curse on her", Draco says, making Snape turn his attention back onto him. Perhaps he was trying to help her. And he'll make sure she gets all the help she could at the moment. "She wanted to go with Potter and his friends to try and rescue Sirius Black who was apparently her godfather. And with the Dark Eaters and the Dark Lord himself involved, I knew that it would be no good she walks into. And I.. and I stopped her."