(97) what the fuck do you know about love?

ZILLIAH has gone hysterical as she chases Bellatrix into the Divination classroom. She is laughing, she is screaming. The boundaries of her emotions fade away and it all melts into each other, confusing her, consuming her. After all, how could one ever blame her? How much grief will you hold- how much death can you see- before you lose the sanity of your mind- before you lose the leash you have on yourself- before you snap and break and crumble and lash out.

She shuts the door to the classroom, trapping the pair of them inside. Bellatrix has this malicious smile on her face and this arrogant confidence in her eyes. And oh, how Zilliah would love to make that fade away.

"You think you're so strong", Bellatrix cackles, leaning against a table and spinning her wand in her hand. "So brave. So mighty." She laughs to herself as she pushes herself off the table and walks up to Zilliah leaving only a mere inch remaining between them. "But what you really are", she hisses, "is a petty little girl with nothing."

Zilliah smiles.

"NOTHING", she screams, her smile giving away as she sees how unbothered Zilliah is by her words.

Zilliah is the one to laugh this time as Bellatrix takes a few steps back, hoisting her wand.

"Oh my god", she manages to mumble out in between, catching her breath, glancing at Bellatrix with the same amusement a predator holds over its prey. "You're as delusional as you look."

And in an instant, a spell spirals towards her and with the flick of a wrist, Zilliah deflects it. "Not even the killing curse?", Zilliah shakes her head, leaning over the table behind her as Bellatrix puts more space between them, fear slowly grabbing hold of her. "Tch tch. I expected more from you, Bella."

Bellatrix chuckles at those words but Zilliah takes pleasure in sensing the trepidation in her eyes.

"Scared of me, are you, Bella?", Zilliah muses, unable to keep a smile off her face, unable to keep her pacing heart stable. 

It pounds and it pounds and it pounds.

Blood. It needs blood. It needs her blood.

Another spell that is not green flies her way but she deflects it with a wave of her hand, groaning. "Come on, Bella. I thought you were better fun than this."

"You're pathetic", Bellatrix fumbles in her steps as she draws further and further away from Zilliah as if that's going to help her. "You're nothing. You're a toy the Dark Lord created. You're a useless little bitch", she says, her words mushing over one another and Zilliah just laughs at it, unable to contain any feeling inside of her. "Don't you fucking realise that? A toy. A broken doll. Incapable of ever having love. Incapable of having people who-"

"Love?", Zilliah chews that word and spits it right out of her mouth. "You're the one to talk about love?" She scoffs, pushing herself off the table and taking slow, deliberate steps towards Bellatrix. "What the fuck do you know about love?"

And Bellatrix visibly gulps, seeing that she has hit the wall. It only feeds the fire in Zilliah's pit.

"You took Sirius away from me", her voice drips out of her mouth like vindictive poison, the magic in her flowing and glowing bright red. "And now you've killed Fred too." 

Bellatrix is caged in, her eyes darting all around to seek means of escape.

"Do you know how many people loved them?", she asks, her grief a snake around her throat. "Do you know how many people will spend day and night thinking about them?"

Bellatrix's breaths turn short and quick and ragged.

"Do you know how much they'll be missed at weddings and graduation parties and baby showers? Even at a simple family dinner- do you know how loud their absence will be? Have you any clue-"