-(62) love of all my lives

DRACO watches the pain taking over Zilliah's face as he tells her the truth. That he was there when it happened.

"He might as well be the reason she is dead right now", Theseus hisses from behind, his eyes filled with pure hatred.

"Are you implying that I killed her?", Draco taunts back, his annoyance getting the better of him.

"Well, the rumor is that it's Corban Yaxley. But it could be you, right? You knew she was alive and maybe you're the one who-"

Draco steps around Zilliah, making his way to Theseus, grabbing him by the collar. "You dare finish that sentence and you'll be bleeding out on the ground, I assure you that."

Theseus chuckles, a smirk taking over his features. "Scared your dirty little secrets are going to come out, Malfoy?"

Draco tightens his grip and grits out through his teeth, "If you're so damn doubtful then why don't you invade my mind and see the truth for yourselves then. Bet you can't even break through the first barrier though."

"Oh, I can tear your mind apart, that I assure you."

"Enough!",  bellows Zilliah, her anger forming waves of magic around her.

Draco lets go of him and backs up, his anger at Theseus getting replaced with concern for Zilliah.

Theseus turns to her and says, "We should check his memories. To make sure he's trustable."

Zilliah snaps her head at him, her eyes piercing. "I trust him. That's all that matters."

"But", Theseus tries to start again but one more cold look from Zilliah and he shuts up instantly.

"Draco", she calls, her voice soft. "I need some rest."

"Come on, love", he mumbles, walking upto her and putting his arms around her, breathing in her scent. "Let's get you to bed."

Draco keeps her close to his bare chest, his hands tightly wrapped around her waist. "You think I did it?", he asks, his voice a whisper.

She tilts her head up and looks at him, her eyes showing how exhausted she really is. "I know you didn't."

"You can check my memories if you want to. I got nothing against it." Except that she will know it's Snape who actually did it. But she'll see why.

"No, Draco", she mumbles out, snuggling back against his chest. "I trust you. More than anyone."

He kisses the top of her head, smiling. "I know you do."

"Why didn't you tell me though?"

"I wasn't sure how you'd take it."

She looks back up at him, her eyes teary all of a sudden. But he knows it isn't because he didn't tell her. He confirms that when she asks, "Did she hurt much?"

"It was the killing curse. It was over in a second."

She nods, letting the tears fall. "And it was really Yaxley who did it?"

Draco doesn't have it in him to contradict that and make her heart hurt further, so he just lies. "Yes, it was Yaxley."

She nods again, shutting her eyes and folding herself up against him, like she's trying to diminish her very existence.