-(75) the only one who loves me

ZILLIAH examines the drawing with such scrutiny as if the cure for the curse is going to burn through the canvas under her gaze. But all she can draw from those precisely beautiful brushstrokes are how great of an artist Lilith was, and how hauntingly similiar her art resembles Draco and Zilliah.

"It's about time you quit staring at that trash and tell us what you meant when you said that a bitch who died five hundred years ago is the cause for your curse", Layla snaps, her voice irritated and dramatic as she exhales sharply to indicate her impatience.

But Zilliah pays her no attention and continues to let her gaze flow along each curve and dot that makes up the painting of those two young couple dancing in the gazebo under the star-lit sky, the moon watching over them. "Damn", she whispers under her breath, feeling more and more mesmerized the longer she looks at it. She is sure she couldn't draw like that in a million lifetime. She extends her hands out to the canvas and lets her fingertips glide above the drawing of the tall, blond man dressed in a casual white tunic and pants, his eyes a starry night in itself.

"Zilliah", Draco calls, his voice filled with all the patience and gentleness that he has reserved only for her. "That is gorgeous, for sure. But aren't we wasting our time, my love?"

As she snaps her head to meet his eyes, she loses her eye-to-hand coordination and touches the painting accidentally. Soon, she feels a shock invading her body, making her lose all sense of her surroundings. Her legs seem to give out from beneath and her hands turn numb and cold. Her eyelids droop shut as she can quite literally hear her thudding heart inside her ears along with a heavy buzzing sound. Soon she feels a pressure around her, within her, and it's like she is being sucked into a different reality.

She stands in front of the gazebo, the same starry night, the same watching moon, the same happy couple before her. She watches as Lucifer picks Lilith up by the waist and swings her around, causing her to erupt out in a joyful laughter, the sweetness of her voice making him smile so wide, his eyes crinkle.

Zilliah stands there, feeling like an intruder, not really understanding what's happening. She should be freaking out right now but somehow, she isn't. Not even a little bit. She is just.. enthralled. That's it. That's all she feels.

"My darling love", Lucifer's voice rings out through the silent night, deep and intoxicating. "I couldn't help but wonder.. Don't you think you've made a rather hastened decision by choosing me over everything you've ever known?"

Lilith twirls in her blue, knee-length dress before him, closing her eyes and heaving in a deep breath. As she comes to a stop, she bows down to the lowest level and bursts out laughing. "Oh, Luci. My ever worrisome Luci." She leans back up and tiptoes her way back to him, hooking her hands around his neck and breathing against his face. "They speak of you as the devil. But they do not know how kind of a soul it is that you possess. They do not know and they shall not know. For your soul is meant for my eyes and my eyes alone."

"There is no doubt upon it. I've vowed my heart and my soul to be yours from the day I was graced by your presence in my aimless life."

"You deceitful thing! Yet you scorned me before my people!", she says with a cheerful laughter escaping her again.

"I apologise, my love", he mumbles out to her as he tucks loose strands of her hair behind her ears. "I was confused by my feelings then."

"And now?"

"Now, I know that not the mightiest thunderstorm nor the greatest earthquake could compare to the intensity with which I love you."

Lilith smiles, drawing closer to his face and letting their foreheads meet. "Then why should I care about anyone else, my darling Luci?"