-(94) nothing is ever too easy

DRACO applies dittany to the spot from where Blaise's entire left arm has been cut right off. Despite his hopes and prayers, the spell had struck and it had struck Blaise, costing a whole limb. His cries of pain still echoes in Draco's ears as he puts the lid of the dittany back on and makes space for Pansy to wrap it up with a cloth. Blaise had apparated them to a garden he used to visit with Aneesia and there they were hiding, doing everything they can to ease his pain. But Draco knew they could not stay there for long. The death eaters will find them and they will find them soon. And he has to go get his mother before they use her as bait.

Stuffing everything back into her bag, Pansy straightens and meets Draco's eyes. "We have to get him somewhere safe before we go to Malfoy Manor."

"No", Blaise grunts, using his right hand to push himself up to his feet. "I'm coming with you."

"But-", Draco makes to object but Blaise holds up his hand, silencing him.

"I've only lost one arm, Draco. And it's not my wand hand. I'm perfectly capable of accompanying you."

"It's not safe for you", Pansy tries to reason, holding him by the shoulder and shaking her head. 

"It's not safe for the pair of you either", Blaise tells her, his voice so soft yet so stern. "And you need all the hands you can get. Even if it just one more."

Classic Blaise.

"Okay, you bastard", Pansy chuckles, shaking her head and stepping back. "But if you dare fucking die on me-"

"Don't worry, Pans", he flashes her a smile, despite the absolute pain Draco knew he was in. "I'm going to be there to get on your nerve for the rest of your goddamn life."

.

They had triggered the apparition wards as they apparated into the manor. But this was his home. Draco knew this place like the back of his hand. And because of that, they were able to evade the death eaters alarmed by their presence and make it to the backside. Their plan was to use the ladder that hung down the balcony to get into the manor. Considering the fact that even Draco didn't know of its existence until Zilliah found it all those while back, he was confident that it would still be there. And as they approached it, he was relieved to see that it was.

Blaise props himself up onto it and starts powering his way through with one arm. Now to any normal person, this was no easy feat. But this was Blaise- jacked up Blaise with brute upper body strength. So it didn't stun Draco to see him flying up even though he decided Pansy and himself should only follow him in case something happens.

"I don't want you to beat yourself over it anymore", Pansy mumbles out to Draco, keeping her eyes fixed on Blaise.

And even though it was out of the blue, Draco didn't have to ask for any clarifications to understand what she means. "I'm sorry. I really am", he tells her, pouring his whole heart and soul out into his apology.

"I know", she turns to him hesitantly and meets his eyes. "I know that it wrecked you to do that to me but you're still a bitch for doing it."

"Yeah", Draco nods, tears drawing to his eyes at the effort she is putting in to reconcile- something he wasn't sure he deserved at all.

"But it would've happened anyway", she breathes, giving Draco a small smile as she lifts her hand and places it on his shoulder. "Sooner or later, I was bound to become one."

"But that doesn't excuse-"

"No, it doesn't", Pansy cuts in. "But I hope you know I would've killed you if you chose Zilliah to be the death eater instead of me."