-(58) to keep her safe

DRACO rushes into the alleyway, his eyes frantically searching for Zilliah everywhere and anywhere. His mind can't focus on anything else. Only her.

"Malfoy!", Fred calls from behind and Draco spins around to be met with the twins sitting at the corner of the path, Zilliah in their arms, limp and pale.

He had sent his patronus to the Weasley twins while they were on the search for Daphne. He could not remain calm knowing Zilliah could possibly be in danger so he had asked them to get her out of the castle.

And their entrance at the Great Hall with the dungbombs was the most opportunistic. Zilliah was already fighting her magic and calming down. The dungbombs created a cover. George managed to get her onto the broom under it and fly away while Fred created other necessary distractions using their trickster weapons.

"She's unresponsive", George says, caressing her cheeks. "She's breathing but she's unresponsive."

Draco gets onto his knees to meet her level and touches her arm. "Zilliah", he calls. "Wake up. You're alright." He takes her hand in his' and strokes it gently, bringing it to his lips and kissing it. "You're okay. You're safe. Please wake up now."

"We've tried talking to her but-", starts George but Fred hoists up his hand to silence his brother. He points to her other hand that lays on the ground, moving, even if it is the slightest movement.

"You're okay", Draco speaks, relief pooling inside him. As George lets loose of her, he takes her into his arms and holds her close to his chest. "I'm right here, love. You're alright. Just breathe."

There's a sudden movement behind, making them all jump. All of them pull out their wands and point at the figure that has appeared.

Pansy. "She can't stay here for too long."

Draco lowers his wand, a sigh of relief escaping him but the twins still keep their wands poised as if they don't trust her. "It's okay, she's good", Draco tells them before turning to Pansy. "And I know. I'm taking her somewhere."

"Where?", asks the three of them at the same time, making Draco jump again.

"Jeez- no, I can't tell you guys", he mumbles, already standing up, making to carry her on his shoulders.

"And why should we trust you with her?", George shoots straight up and gets in front of him, blocking his way. "For all we know, you could only benefit from taking her to your Great Lord."

Draco fights back the annoyance rising in him, remembering how they are the ones who helped him. He turns to Pansy and tells her, "If anyone asks for me, tell them I found a trail and that I'm searching for Zilliah. Nothing more. Nothing less."

She nods and turns back around to walk away. "Be careful, Draco. Don't get yourselves killed."

Draco meets George's eyes and replies to Pansy, "I'd rather be dead than watch my Great Lord lay even a finger on her."

-

Draco apparates into the forest Daphne had shown him from her memories. He knows this is it. He knows it is because he feels it. Because she had shown him how to feel it.

But there's nothing in sight but unending rows of trees. There's no one. Not one single evidence of human life there.

"Hello?", he calls out, his voice echoing through the whole woods as he clutches onto Zilliah who is over his shoulder with one hand and his wand with the other. "Is anyone here?" He treads the ground carefully, keeping an eye out for any sort of movements. "Daphne Auclair has sent me", he shouts. "She has sent me to bring her daughter here. This is Zilliah Auclair with me."