Ch.18 ~ I'm Full of Surprises

Y/n's POV

I woke up barely half an hour after my surgery. I knew I was in the hospital from the white wall interior and the sound of the beeping ECG (heart monitor).

I felt weak. My limbs were heavier than usual but I still managed to move one of my hands up to my face and remove the oxygen mask. I pulled it down and looked around the room seeing my dad sleeping on the sofa just over from my bed.

"Dad!" I called out in a raspy voice. He stirred awake looking around before his own eyes landed on me smiling. He got up and sat on the corner of my bed.

"Hey. How're you feeling?"

"Like I've been drained of all my energy." I say with a breathy laugh. "What happened?" I asked. Of course I remembered what had happened with James and everything but considering Charlie was unaware I wanted to know what he had been told.

"Well after you and Bella left, Edward and his dad turned up to try to convince Bella to come back to forks. So you went over to one of their hotels. As the two of you were walking down to meet them for food Bella tripped, trying to catch hold of her, you ended up falling with her. You fell down two flights of stairs. The two of you collided near the bottom as a result Bella went through a window and you through a set of glass doors. You reopened your stitches. And before you freak out Bella's in a room down the hall she hasn't woken yet your mothers with her."

"Mums here?" I was shocked.

"Yeah, she received your calls and rushed down here as soon as I informed her that you two had landed yourselves in the hospital."

"Oh... sorry."

"It's okay. You're both fine that's all that matters but there is uh something I need to tell you though." I look at the man as he shifts uncomfortably, he's hesitating.

"You and Bella are going back to live with your mum in Jacksonville."

"No we're not." I say loudly anger taking over as I start to sit up but get tangled in all the wires attached to me. I move to go take some off but dad grabs my hands.

"Y/n-"

"No! I'm not leaving dad. Mum kicked me out because she couldn't deal with my ADHD please don't ... I know I'm difficult to deal with but I've been better here in forks. I've been less reckless... I have friends here... I..I."

"Okay, just calm down, I'll talk to your mum."

"Okay good because I don't think I could go back to having to keep my snarky comments to myself." I joke earning a small laugh from dad.

"Well I'll go let your mum know you're awake. There's a few people outside waiting to see you so I'll let them in." I nod as he gets up heading to the door.

"Oh and Y/n if you do stay here, let's try to cut down on the hospital visits alright?"

"Right." I say nodding. Dad leaves and the room is quiet for a moment except for the beeping of the heart monitor. I sign out as I think back to the night at the ballet studio. Images flash through my head off that night and slowly I began to realise just how similar the fake story was to the truth.

There was a knock at the door that pulled me out of my thoughts. Looking at the door I say. "Come in!" To whoever is on the other side. In walks six pale skinned golden eyed Cullens.

"Hey." I greet them with a big smile as they all walk over and stand around my bed. They all returned my smile and greeting.

"How're you feeling?" Emmett asks from my right.

"Like I just fell down two flights of stairs and went through a glass door." I mock causing them to laugh. "So who's colourful story was that?"

"Mine." Emmett admits, shuffling slightly on his feet.