Ch.19 ~ Bella's Birthday Pt.1

Y/n's POV

It's been a few months since the whole ordeal with James, times are quiet and peaceful among the town of Forks. No sudden animal attacks have been reported leading us to believe that Victoria and Laurent have moved on.

But we were wrong, unbeknownst to us they waited in the silence, watching us from afar as we went about our mundane lives, a darkness more viscous growing in their stone cold hearts.

Time can only tell when that darkness arises and brings a new threat to our front door but for now another challenge awaits Bella and I.

~~~

"Good morning Snowflake." Chimes a soft British voice as I groggily groan and open my eyes. I hear the person chuckle at me before feeling cold lips kissing my forehead.

"Snowflake is such a terrible pet name." I mumble as I yawn and turn my head to the man who's leaning against the headrest.

"And why's that?" The person questions as I sit up next to him, bed hair sprawling out in all sorts of directions.

I look at him through half lidded eyes and exhale deeply. "Because I'm the warm one." I state bluntly.

"So?" He leans closer.

"So technically Dr. Cullen." I start leaning in our faces inches apart. "You're my snowflake." I say bopping his nose with my finger before pulling away and going to get out of the bed.

But before I'm able to stand I'm pulled back down suddenly, colliding with the mattress. It takes me a minute to process everything. I blink a few times and tilt my head back to scowl at the man who had done this but he wasn't there.

I raise a confused brow as I prop myself up on my elbows still looking over my shoulder. I turn my head back forward when I feel a dip in the bed.

Leaning above me was Carlilse with a smirk on his face. I let out a breathy chuckle and pushed his shoulder slightly to sit up but the man didn't budge.

Instead he leaned in once again, this time our lip's connecting in a tender, slow kiss. I savoured the moment since I wouldn't see him for the rest of the day once he left.

I brought one hand up to the back of his neck and rested it there as the kiss continued. After a few minutes we pulled away foreheads resting on each other's.

I smile, opening my eyes and looking straight into Carlisle's golden brown ones. I could feel the love radiating off him as I stared into his eyes. Carlilse eventually stood up, extending a hand to help me up, which I gladly took.

"Alice has planned Bella a party at our place tonight, will you be there?" He asked as we stood close to each other.

"You think Alice would have planned such a small party? If she could she would have thrown a parade for Bella had I not got her to dial it down." We both chuckle at my response.

We hear a knock on my door and then my dad's voice. "Y/n come on down please, we have to wake Bella up."

"Be there in a minute."

"Okay." We hear my dad say before hearing his footsteps walking away.

"I'll see you after work then." Carlilse says quickly pecking my lips before heading to the window.

"And you after school." I follow behind watching him as he jumps down and starts walking across the lawn.

He looks back at me and I send him a wave and a smile which he returns before speeding away in a blink of an eye.