Ch.21 ~ Promise Me

Y/n's POV

Bella entered the room moments later with Alice in front of her leading her in, Edward following behind. She stopped at the top of the stairs and looked around the small party we had set up, a shy smile spreading across her face.

The Violet Hour by Sea Wolf was playing in the background as Alice dragged her by the hand down the stairs where Carlisle, Esme and I were standing waiting to greet my sister.

"Sorry about all this. We tried to rein Alice in." Carlisle said as we all gathered around, he helped Bella step down from the last step, Edward still standing on them with Emmett.

"As if that was even possible." I mutter as Carlisle step besides me placing an arm around my waist.

"Happy birthday, Bella." Esme wishes as she brings the brunette into a hug.

"Thanks." Bella says into the hug. The two sway a little as a flash is seen followed by a camera click being heard. Bella turns to see Alice behind her with her new camera.

"I... found it in your bag. Mind?" Alice asks hesitantly. Bella shakes her head causing the vampire to smile before skipping away to the table of presents.

Esme came to my other side as we share a smile. I looked around at the others as Rosalie hands Bella her gift. That's when I noticed I couldn't see Jasper.

Looking over my shoulder I see him standing behind us near their piano. He notices my gaze and sends me a small smile before turning his attention to the rest of the group.

I knew he must have been feeling awkward with Bella around but I couldn't help but feel he was lonely.

"You okay?" I hear Carlisle whisper down to me as he pulls me closer in by the waist.

Looking up from the floor having stared at it lost in though I sent him a tight smile. "I'm fine." I answer simply watching as he gave me a raised eyebrow.

Sighing I looked down then back up at the man. "I'm just going to stand over by Jasper a moment... is that okay?" I asked.

Carlisle looks over to Jasper before smiling down at me, nodding and removing his arm from my waist.

I made my way over to my friend standing next to him nudging him with my shoulder. "You good?" I asked looking up at the blonde.

He seemed slightly shocked at the question before answering. "Coping." He responds taking a deep breath in and shuffling slightly.

"Ya know we could ditch and go do something that involves a lot less socialising." I suggest watching as he chuckles and shakes his head.

"Alice will kill us."

"You maybe... but uh...I doubt she'll kill me." We both laugh at this as we watch Esme and Carlisle hand Bella her plane tickets.

"What did you have in mind?" Jasper asks turning to me as I look up at him with a challenging look.

"I see... and what are the stakes?" He continues knowing I was challenging him to a bet.

"If I win then..." I take a moment to think sucking on my lip as I do so. "Oh okay I got it... okay... if I win you have to wear the bright pink and purple bike outfit and helmet I have and go for a drive on your bike around the town in broad daylight."

Outstretching my hand, I wait for him to accept the challenge. "Okay but if I win then..." he suddenly stops speaking his eyes widening as he slowly turns to look towards the group.

I follow his action to see everyone looking tensely at the two of us. Confused I looked to my sister to see her standing holding her left index finger with her right hand.