Ch.31 ~ Wolves Out of The Bag

A/n: Anyone annoyed by how long this New Moon arch is going haha. Cause I am but I keep writing filler so Y/n fits. All I wanna do I write about the cliff diving scene 😭.  Cause then all the drama starts.  Also double upload whaaaaa I must be on something I never do a double update.

~~~

Y/n's POV

I pulled up to the Black residence late that night, ditching my bike on the ground as I marched to their front door. I rapidly knock and a few seconds later Billy answers the door with a confused look on his face.

"Y/n? What are you doing here at this time?"He asked.

"So Jacob is a wolf." I bluntly stated catching the man in the wheelchair off guard.

"What?" The man said forging confusion, but I didn't by it.

"Don't try and kid me Billy. I heard Harry on the phone and I remembered the stories of your tribe. I know you know about the Cullens and I know you know about the wolves." I said to the man who sighed.

"I knew you'd catch on quick." The man sighed, nudging his head for me to follow him as we entered the house. I closed the door while Billy wheeled himself to the living room.

"It's true. Jacob having Mono was a lie. But you must understand it has to stay a secret." The man grabbed a book from a small book stand next to the sofa and handed it to me.

"This is a book about our kind and our laws." He said, handing me the book.

"Why are you allowing me to see this?" I ask.

"Because you are no stranger to the legends of our kind. You've always known, when you were little and I told you those stories, it was because I believed that our tribe's magic was gone for no one had changed for many years. That was..."

"Until the Cullens returned." I cut the man off who nodded. I opened the book and the first page showed a sketch, half the face of a Quileute man and and the other half a wolf was drawn.

"How many have turned?" I asked, skimming through the book and reading small bits of information. Since I remembered the stories well from my childhood.

"So far five." The man answered.

I continued to flick through the pages looking at the different images and catching bits and pieces of important text and that's when I landed on a bit that shocked me.

"You hunt vampires... So Laurent from today?" I asked suggestively.

"He's dead." The man said with a nod.

"And his redhead girlfriend is next." Chimed Jacobs voice. I hadn't heard him enter. "You sure do catch on quicker than Bella."

"I'm smarter, that's why." I joked. "So... Do you hate us? Or was what you said earlier..."

"Alpha orders. Once we turn we must cut off anyone who isn't one of us." Jacob answered, coming and sitting by me.

"I see." I muttered looking back at the book and skimming something written about a treaty. I read it and recognized the story.

"Jacob, isn't this the story from La Push?" I asked.

"Yup. Your precious Cullens are the only vampires we aren't allowed to hunt. Unless of course they break the treaty." Jacob grumbled.

I smiled before nudging the boy's shoulder playfully. "Why are you grumbling? You're a freaking wolf. I mean, ugh, I loved wolves growing up. They are by far my favourite animal. Hey, hey, hey, hey, can you transform for me." I asked, all child-like and giddy as I bounced excitedly in my seat.