Ch.40 ~ The Week Leading Up To The Decision

A/N: First and foremost let me apologise for not uploading during the month of May. As many know I don't like to put excuses why I was away or do too many A/N's. However this time I really had to step back to finish my work for my college degree. That's all done now though and I am just waiting for results day.

Secondly thank you for the 140k reads guys this is craaaaaaaazy! Seriously we aren't even half way through yet. Thank you thank you thank you.

Thirdly if I plan to step away I will update people via my conversations page on my profile. If you want to stayed notified you could hit me up with a follow.... If you want, TIS totally optional.

Anyways, enjoy this long awaited chapter.

~~~

Y/n's POV

The sensation of your lungs constricting and preventing airflow through your body is nothing to revel in. Whether you're a vindictive bitch or a psychotic arsehole, watching someone struggle to breathe is wrong and shouldn't be enjoyed.

But such rules don't apply to a creature like her, who's red eyes are enough to stop a grown man from breathing, yet alone if she chooses to attack and permanently cut off that airflow.

Victoria was both vindictive and psychotic so it was only natural such a notion didn't apply to her, that she'd enjoy watching people struggle, seeing it as almost a sport to entertain her in her long lifetime.

Her behaviour truly lived up to what myth and folk law would characterise her kind as. Blood thirsty sinister creatures of the night with little regards for human life and emotions. Even if they were once humans themselves, such things like emotions were long forgotten when immortality of a long life was granted to them.

But yet even she wasn't completely void like what myth would say she was. Her lover James seemed to have a significant impact on her prolonged time on this earth. So much so that even though she comes off a little crazy and emotionless, her most recent acts had been the result of such emotions she probably hadn't realised were there, despite loving the man during his undead living time on this earth.

Even though she was completely different to the Cullens, that one fact was the only connection you'd be able to use to compare the two.

The Cullens weren't what myth chalked up their kind to be. They were compassionate, kind and cared for all human life. It's a mystery how two people of the same kind can differ so much from one another. But I guess that's just how life is, there's no point tryna figure it out. Better to go with the flow in my opinion.

Of course the Cullens disagreed, otherwise I wouldn't currently be slung over the shoulder of a very annoyingly strong and practically bald headed vampire with his blonde friend laughing at my futile attempts to break free.

How the hell did I even end up in this situation. I let my body flop in defeat as I recalled the events of the last few days.

~~~

FlashBack: The Morning After Victories Visit.

I gasped for breath as I awoke from my nightmare. Well kinda. Naturally my mind decided to play tricks on me after last night's encounter with the red head known as Victoria.

My journey home from the Rez playing before me till I'm suddenly rugby tackled off my bike and landing harshly on my back in the middle of Forks forest.

After struggling for a few minutes, I successfully regaining the ability to breath and stand on my own two feet. From there on the woman continues to taunt me with her laughs and little appearances here and there and constant flashes of red hair as she zooms about.