Ch.26 ~ BIKES!

Y/n's POV

"I still can't believe you managed to convince dad to unground me." I mumble. Bella and I were in her truck heading down to the reservation to surprise Jacob. Earlier that morning we'd made our way down to the scrap yard saving two written off bikes, putting them in the truck bed alongside my own.

"Yeah well it really wasn't that hard. You and I both know dad wasn't awfully fond of the Cullens. Hearing we wanted to hang out with our other friends was a bit of a surprise to him." She replies, glancing at me briefly before returning her attention to the road.

"Okay I'll give you that. On another note, why the bikes? There are about a dozen different ways for you to be reckless to see Edward so why bikes?" I questioned tilting my head as I gave her a stern questioning look.

"Hmm well it's a theory already proven to work so why not stick to the stuff I know? It'll work and I'll get to see him again even if I have to be a little bit like my sister." She jokes.

I scoffed at her comparison. "Let's not jump the gun and start comparing each other." I state as I glanced out the window we'd just turned on to the road which passes the La Push beach. It had been a while since we were here last, asides from that one occasion we just so happened to bump into Jacob, we only saw Jacob when his dad and him came to watch baseball.

"You sure he'll agree to this?" I question Bella on my thoughts.

"It's Jake, of course he'll agree." Bella replies as we drive past the beach back onto the main road.

"All I'm saying is that maybe we should have called first." I state. Bella took a few more turns along the forest roads before coming up to a dirt road which led to the Black residence. 

"Y/n, dad's probably already told Billy so it's not like we'll be intruding. I thought you liked hanging out with Jacob?" She raises an eyebrow questionly at me.

"I just hate to turn up unannounced." I reply, holding onto the truck dash as it wobbles its way up the dirt road.

"We used to all the time as kids."

"Yeah well we ain't kids anymore Bella." I rolled my eyes. Maybe I was thinking too much into this. I was still off my meds so I couldn't calm my nerves that we may be disturbing Jacob by turning up unannounced.

"We'll be fine Y/n, anyway you're also gaining something out of this." She said pulling onto the Black residence. I look at her confused as she pulls the hand break up and stops the engine. She looks at me and smirks. "Seth and Leah, duh."

I let out a quiet oh with a nod, she was right I was going to get to spend some time with those two so maybe it wasn't so bad. "That still doesn't reassure me about turning up uninvited to places." I mumble.

"You did it with the Cullens." She blurted out not thinking of her words. We both fell silent as sad and frustrated expressions washed over our faces. Nothing else was said and I was the first to jump out the truck closing the door catching Jacobs attention as he walked out of the garage.  He didn't see me though as my side was facing away from Jacob.

"Bella!" He yelled happily as he jogged over lifting Bella into a hug twirling her around. "Where the hell have you been, loca?" The two laughed in each other's embrace before Jacob put her back down again.

Bella pulls the hood to her jumper down running a hand through her hair. "Wow. I,uh, I brought you something." She says pointing to the bikes in the bed of her truck.

Since I was going ignored I took this as a chance to slowly back away and creep behind Jacob as Bella pulled to tailgate down and yanked the waterproof sheet off the bikes. "It's a little crazy." She states.