Ch. 47 ~ Victoria Pt. 1

A/n: I fell asleep editing this last night lol. Pre-warning in the upcoming chapters there will be the first of many spice scenes. I'll put a TW in the chapter when it comes. More chapters soon.

~~~

Y/n's POV

Waking up the following morning didn't quite go the way I had planned or usually found myself waking up. A rather unpleasant wake-up call which hadn't happened since I was 12 resulted in not just the breath being forced from my lungs but also the beams which supported the mattress of my bed snapping.

Groaning in pain I rolled onto my side and curled myself into the foetal position, hands tightening on my stomach as I tried to reclaim the air which I was deprived of.

"T-the hell J-Jake." I wheezed out at the boy who had quickly jumped off of me after belly flopping on top of me to wake me up.

I slowly sat up feeling the dip in my bed where the mattress was no longer supported by the bed beams. I turned to glare at the boy who gave me a shy smile as I rested against the wall behind me.

"Sorry." He said.

"Honestly, what is it with people and disturbing my sleep as of late?" I rhetorically whined while rolling my eyes. Climbing out of my bed I turned my back to the boy as I asked. "You're here about the vampire thing?" I pulled on a hoodie over my vest and slipped on a pair of jeans while he responded.

"Yup. Bella gave me a call and said you guys needed my help." Jake scoffed. "Just goes to show them blood suckers ain't as good as us wolves." He snarled. I raised a brow and ignored his comment. The events of last night flashed through my mind, I stiffened slightly before shaking my head and turning to Jake with a huff that caused my shoulders to come up then slump back down.

I smiled and said. "So you're just sniffing around?"

"Yup. The scents in here are pretty strong." He comments walking over to my bathroom. "One of them lingered here quite a while." He hums.

"Really? Cre-epy." I dragged out the word creepy though my tone of voice was anything but nonchalant at the news. I knew a vampire had been in here before I blacked out so I wasn't surprised at his comment. I watched Jacob walk over to my washing basket and start rummaging through it.

This did surprise me.

"Dude! That's my dirty laundry!?" I said in a high pitched tone of shock and surprise.

"I know." He simply replied, turning to me with a shrug before going back into it and pulling out the shirt I'd worn that day. It was wet from the cold shower I'd given myself to stop the panic attack.

He pulled it closer to his face, sniffed it then threw it on the ground. "Ugh!" He retched.

"Hey! I don't smell that bed!" I yelled. "Do I?" I then followed by sniffing my armpit. Thankfully I didn't smell, however a bit of deodorant wouldn't hurt to freshen myself up a bit till my shower tonight.

"It's not that." Jake said as I picked up the shirt he threw on the floor and tossed it back in the basket of dirty clothes. "The stench of death is all over that." His face contorted in disgust as he said this.

"Great so I have werewolves and vampires going through my clothes." I rolled my eyes at his comment, hands on my hips. Jake turned to me. I couldn't quite read his expression as he approached. My back stiffened when he lent into my neck and sniffed it.

"The smell of the Cullens lingers on you." He comments backing away with a look I could now read as disapproval and disgust.

"Y-yeah, uh, after Edward sensed the intruders he sent his brothers to come get me. Guess we had a "meeting" of sorts at theirs." I say putting air quotes when I said meeting. I also cleared my throat slightly at the memories of last nights make out session with Carlisle that came flooding back.