Ch.25 ~ Jail Break & Sister Gone Mad

Y/n's POV

A week has passed since that day with the computer, speeding and the argument with my dad. Being grounded didn't leave much for me to do other than go to school and come home. My little incident was front page news on the school's paper all this week and there wasn't much I could do about it.

I wanted to blame Jess and Angela but the teachers had made them put up an article to reflect on student behaviour and respect of school property. Guess using me was one way to make an example of how not to behave.

It was Friday night and luckily for me my dad and Bella were both out meaning I had the perfect opportunity to sneak out. For the last 4 days Seth, Leah and I had been scheming away for me to sneak out and thanks to Bella having another outburst the night before in her sleep we were presented with the perfect opportunity, since no one would be home to stop me from leaving.

The first part of the plan was to wait for Bella to leave to go to the movies with Jess then I'd wait for Seth to message me before sneaking out back and into the woods where the two would be waiting.

After that we'd sneak behind all the houses along the tree line down the street to Leah's car where we'd get in, myself as shotgun, then we'd go to our old tree house where we'd hang out with snacks and drinks provided by myself. At least being grounded didn't stop me from going to the shops during lunch break.

It was 6pm when Bella came into my room to tell me she was leaving. I was at my desk spinning in my spinny chair to pass the time and make it look like I wasn't up to anything when she walked in.

"Hey I'm off out with Jess, anything you need?" She asked as I placed my hand on the desk to stop the chair moving.

"Nah I'm good, have fun." I simply replied before going back to the spinning. She didn't say anything else before exiting my room and it was only a few moments later when I heard the front door open and closed.

I shot out my chair and to my window where I peeked through the curtains and watched as she got in her truck and pulled out the driveway. I sent a message to Leah and Seth telling them she'd left.

While I waited for Seth's message to tell me she'd passed them and they were making their way to my house I grabbed my school bag emptying it on my bed and shoving the snacks and drinks I had brought in the bag along with some blankets and fairy lights.

As I went to leave my room and wait downstairs I got a message from Seth telling me she'd passed them and they'd be at my house in five minutes. I made my way to the kitchen where I had a quick drink and waited by the back door. After the short wait another message from Seth was my go ahead.

I switched the kitchen lights off, opened the door and ran across my back lawn and into the tree line. I stopped and looked around not seeing anyone. I went to turn back around towards my house again when Seth and Leah jumped out from behind two trees, scaring me.

"Jesus Christ guys. What part of stealthy escape don't you get?" I scolded as the two cackled like hyenas. I hit the two on the shoulder making them fake pained expressions before we got moving. We trekked through the tree line behind all the houses till we were at the end of the street.

"How long do you wanna bet it'll be before I have my Dad or sister calling me?" I asked the two as we got in the car.

"Let's see sunsets in an hour at which we will already be on the reservation. Charlie usually works till 10 and a movie is usually an hour and half to two hours long. I'd say give it till 9 and Bella will be calling you." Leah summaries as I nod my head.

Seth leans over from the back seat sticking his head between mine and Leah's seats. "Dude give it till sunset and I bet someone would have already snitched to your dad that you've snuck out." He says in his cheerfully hyper tone.