8. Phone Number

After a tiring day at uni, taehyung had let himself fall onto the couch with his face on a cushion...

after almost an hour, namjoon had arrived from his flower shop too...

"so...how was your day, tae?", namjoon asked...

"tiring as always", taehyung spoke rubbing his eyes as he lifted his head from the cushion..

"nothing eventful?", namjoon was removing his shoes as he spoke...

but as soon as namjoon asked this, taehyung got flashbacks of a certain college senior who had made him blush furiously today...just at the first meet...

"oh..i met this one boy, a senior to be exact..", tae said, reminiscing the interaction between him and jungkook..

"and he stole your pretty little heart", namjoon spoke in a teasing way, finishing tae's sentence...

"i regret telling you anything", tae looked at his hyung with a done expression making namjoon chuckle...

looking at the wall clock, taehyung looked at namjoon and asked, "dinner?"

"japchae?"

"hell yeah!"

"ok then help me with the vegetables..", namjoon went inside the kitchen with taehyung tagging along...

after a few minutes, the bell rang... by this time, both namjoon and taehyung knew who it could be... so taehyung excitedly skipped to the door...

looking at the doorstep, taehyung quickly picked up the bouquet of forget-me-nots and closed the door after him...

taehyung took the bouquet and went straight to the kitchen where namjoon had been stirring noodles in a pan and leaned on one knee before him

"oh the love of my life, my bounty is as boundless as the sea..my love as deep. the more i give to thee, the more i have, for both are infinite", taehyung spoke in a dramatic accent, getting a smack on his head with a spatula right after...

"keep it in the vase at the table-", but before namjoon could say anything further, taehyung had already took a note out of the bouquet...

"xxxxx-xxxxx", taehyung read the note and widened his eyes...

"hyung!!! you got the phone number!!!", taehyung shook namjoon violently, resulting in him getting another spatula on his head...

he pouted and took namjoon's phone as well as bouquet and sat on the table...

he started texting the no. after saving it as the love of my life <3

namjoon (taehyung)-
hi!

the love of my life <3-
hello! how r u?

namjoon-
i'm doing gr8 :)

the love of my life <3-
that's good, baby <3

taehyung literally squealed... he could already imagine namjoon being whipped for the person...

namjoon-
can i ask u smth?

the love of my life <3-
ofc bby <3

namjoon-
do you really love me?

the love of my life <3-
more than anything in this universe ^-^

namjoon-
are you a boy or a girl?

the love of my life <3-
i'm ur man ;)

tae left the message on read and quickly went to namjoon and shook him again, violently, getting smacked y a spatula for the third time today...

"he's a man!!!!", he yelled in namjoon's ears...

"can u like, not scream?"

"how can i not!!?? hyung you're gonna get a boyfie!!!", it was like taehyung was more excited the namjoon... but even though namjoon wasn't showing it outside, he could feel swarms of butterflies in his tummy...but at the last, a small smile still made it's way to his face, revealing a deep set of dimples...

but a sudden realization hit him...

"don't tell me you are texting him!", namjoon spoke looking with wide eyes at taehyung while the latter nervously chuckled...

"uhh maybe..", but before anything could happen, namjoon dashed out of the kitchen, leaving the veggies in the pan to burn as taehyung tried the manage the heat...

he opened the chat named 'the love of my life<3', internally cringing at the name just to see a no. of messages...

the love of my life <3-
wait do u not like men?
oh god how could i not consider that
i'm sorry :(
pls say smth
if u have a prblm with men
i would leave
it's alright
it's all ur choice
maybe i should go
bye :)

namjoon-
WAIT

the love of my life <3 -
oh

namjoon-
its not like that
i've no prblm with men

the love of my life <3- 
that's gr8 :D

namjoon-
also, my brother was chatting with you until now
that wasn't me

the love of my life <3-
it's ok :)

namjoon- 
thank you :D

the love of my life <3-
no need to thank me bby <333

namjoon- 
you are hot;)

taehyung had snatched the phone from namjoon, seeing the plain conversation that was happening.. he ran to the bathroom and locked it after him and sent the message...

the love of my life <3-
h-huh?

namjoon-
did you just stutter in text, handsome?

the love of my life <3 -
pls tell me this is his brother

namjoon-
wait was i that obvious?

the love of my life <3 -
oh pls u were a whole different person

namjoon-
lmao ok
i'll give the phone to him
bye :D

the love of my life <3- 
bye:)
and
tell him i luv him <3

namjoon- 
UWU STAHP

taehyung had never squealed harder in his life...he exited the bathroom to see namjoon tapping his foot on the ground, his hands folded, and having a demanding look on his face...

but taehyung was not affected an ounce..

instead he jumped and hugged his hyung...

"he loves you so damn much..it feels like he's whipped!!"

namjoon, subconsciously, smiled at the statement... maybe he was no different from the said stranger...

well that was until...

"am i the only one who can smell smoke?", tae asked, scrunching his nose up but then the expressions on both his and namjoon's face changed...

"well... shit"

______________

yo jinnie finally made a move yay!