28. Shot

Jin and Namjoon sat together in a car while, the other four sat in a different one... their men were in a different van...

during all the ride, namjoon was hella nervous while jin was trying to console him...

jin was nervous too.. but he couldn't let it show, for namjoon... he needed to be strong, for namjoon, he had to...

reaching what looked like a haunted castle, they hopped out of the car... for now, it was only jin and namjoon... the others would be here in 10 minutes...

everything was going just according to the plan...

as soon as they had gotten out, two well-built men in black uniforms walked towards them and followed them to the inside of the warehouse, the hallways...

it was dark, with just a chandlier lit above their heads and all this wasn't helping namjoon's darned anxiety...

from there, two more men came and jin and namjoon followed them to a room with a large gate...

opening it, the interior was completely different from the hallways...

light brownish furniture with cream-coloured walls, two large windows from which the green pastures beyond the glass were clearly visible, glistening under the bright sunlight...

namjoon would be enjoying the view if he wasn't in this kind of situation...

and the person standing before him didn't help much either...

ryu hyejin...

jin clasped namjoon's hand, while namjoon held it even more tightly... hyejin smirked seeing their hands...

and something in that smirk didn't seem right...

(meanwhile)

"let's reveal at the count of three", hoseok instructed to jungkook, jimin and yoongi, "and... yoongi.. you'll stay behind us"

yoongi nodded immediately, being extremely intimidated by the sight of a serious hoseok and jimin in front of him...

"alright so.... one...

two...

three..."

and all of them got out, which was indeed a shock for all the guards there...

they had the upper hand right now.... having those silencer guns as they cleared the spot of any of hyejin's men, they were thankful they had taken them... and soon enough almost all the guards on the outside were killed without even a scream...

a silent death...

and then.. they finally moved inside, killing whtever men came there way, to find taehyung but...

(meanwhile)

"c'mon namjoon, you came here to give in... why hold back now?", hyejin had a mocking tone and namjoon bit his lips back...

"w-where's tae?", he asked, mustering up the courage he had into one question...

"you'll see him soon.. but you'll have to come to me first", hyejin spoke in a demanding tone, her demeanor cold...

and just when namjoon released his hand from jin's grip, the door had busted open and in came the four men...

but with them were another four men, wearing the silver badge from hyejin's gang...

shit.

hoseok, jimin, jungkook and yoongi were all bloodied and bruised. something that made namjoon shiver....

no this wasn't in the plan...

hyejin noticed the absolutely pale look on jin's face as he saw his brothers being dragged on like that and smirked...

"now now now, did you really think i'm dumb? you messed up big time kim seokjin", hyejin spoke and once again, looked at namjoon...

"come to me, namjoon and you'll get your brother back safely... and these friends won't be harmed... ain't it a win-win situation?", she had a sinister smile on her face and this time, it sent an unsettling feeling in the pit of all their stomachs...

namjoon started walking towards her and had almost reached her, but fell to the ground...

there was a sharp pain in his chest... really sharp and everything seemed to grow blur... 

namjoon touched his chest, where the pain was, to see blood oozing out, reddening his white shirt and then he fell down, making a thud echo in the seemingly large room...he could only see the ceiling while he heard several noises and jostling sounds around him as he drowned in a pool of blood...

but jin just stood there, pale, shook, and not believing anything...

blood pooled around namjoon....

while jin held the gun in his hands...

yoongi tried to shout but couldn't ecause of the duct tape on his mouth... hoseok and jimin teared up at the sight of their family breaking down while jungkook sat there, contemplating what could happen next...

today they all were gonna die.. here...

he couldn't save anyone...

it was all his fault... this wasn't in the plan...

his stupid plan...

only if he had not eaten those two gallons of banana ice-cream that night, everything would have been fine... tae would be here, namjoon wouldn't have died, his hyungs would have been happy

everything would have been perfect...

but it wasn't...

he saw jin's face as his hyung broke down, falling onto his knees on the floor, sobbing hard and tears escaped his own eyes...

just why couldn't all of them be happy?

just why couldn't two people, who were meant for each other, be together forever?

hyejin stood there, trying to figure out what had happened...

the four men behind her were awfully silent.. as if they were dead...

namjoon was sprawled in front of her, covered in blood...

her sworn enemy had let down his guard and this was the perfect chance to do what she wanted yet...

why was she feeling miserable?

why did she feel like... it was all her fault?

as if she was guilty, when this is what she wanted?

she wondered why jin had shot namjoon, the person that he loved.... but she knew that she had lost...

but just why...

why did she feel like she had made all of them miserable, along with her?

_______________________