Chapter One

Grey

I put my papers down as I sat at my desk watching my students leave for the weekend.

"You look cheerful as always," Caera said while looking at me from the door. "You must've had a long day judging by how fed up you look."

"Good afternoon Caera," I said, getting up from my chair and walking towards her. "I was going to go back into the relictombs would you like to come?"

Are you asking her out on a date?! Just make sure there's the right amount of blood and gore or else you could ruin it," said Regis chuckling to himself.

"Are we going to look for another of those crystals?" she said as we walked towards my room. "It's scary to think what kind of new trick you might end up with."

"No, I was just going to go in randomly and see what happens, who knows, we might even get another relic," I said as I closed my room door behind me.

"Or you could tie a rope to your waist and hang from the ceiling if you want to try stealing some more," said Regis as he jumped out of my chest onto the floor.

"As fun as that sounds I wouldn't want to risk it again," I said, activating the relic that allows us to go to the relictombs anytime we want. The relic activated, creating a portal in the center of the room. "Well, let's get going."

As we stepped through the portal a bright white light shown in my face, once my eyes adjusted I saw we were in a small white room with a strange pedestal in the middle and the teleport gate behind us.

"Where are we?" said Caera looking around, clearly she doesn't know what this is either. ''And what's with the pedestal, just looking at it gives me a weird feeling.''

"I vote we sacrifice Grey to the ominous pedestal to see what kind of fancy relic we get," said Regis, "who knows it might grant us three wishes."

"Let's not do that," I said, approaching it. As I got closer I noticed it seemed to be made out of gears like old school clockwork. It was about four feet tall and two feet in diameter.

"Hey come look at this, there's a plate here with some writing, can you read it? I don't know ancient text that well," said Caera, motioning me over.

"Let me see," I said, reading it out loud.

"A drop of blood is take it takes

To see the past and one's mistakes

Do not fear this old pedestal

For the two will not overlap".

" Well that's not creepy at all," said Regis, as he sniffed the pedestal.

"To see the past and one's mistakes," I said out loud, " do you think it shows the past on top of it?"

"Maybe it shows every single embarrassing moment like a slideshow," said Regis, looking quite excited.

"Maybe, but I want to try it," said Caera as she looked at me with a smirk on her face. " I know just the person that this would be perfect for."

Knowing what she might try I jumped back out of her reach. "No." I said as threateningly as possible, releasing my aetheric intent.

"Would it kill you if you told me anything from your past," said Caera as she was recovering. "It's not like we haven't done anything illegal already." As she said this she pulled out an old bloody cloth from her storage ring. " I'm going to find out anyway, this is something I used to clean your blood off one time" she said, throwing it on top of the pedestal.

Before I could do anything I became unable to move as the gears that made up the pedestal started to turn, slowly gaining speed. Soon my vision went white and I couldn't see anything. By the time it subsided all three of us were standing in the middle of an all too familiar room. I recognized it right away, it was my room in Xyrus academy!