Chapter 24

Arthur Leywin

We were now on the fourth floor of Widdow's Crypt. Every floor had an abnormal amount of mana beasts. Caera would use her soulfire to help us, which was overpowered because she used it like a machine gun. Other than that we were left alone while Grey watched us.

"Alright everyone, it seems you're all really tired so let's camp for the night," said Grey, despite us not knowing the time. We all agreed since our mana was almost out and we had been getting sleepy. Grey pulled out one tent for each of us and then pulled out some ingredients for cooking. "If you need help setting up your tent ask Arthur or Caera, I'll make dinner." finished Grey.

Almost immediately everyone turned to look at me or Caera, it was obvious none of them knew how to pitch a tent. Caera sighed, "How is it that the strongest students of Dicathen can't even set their own tent?"

No one could respond and we spent the next 10 minutes getting everyone ready. Once we were done Grey had prepared some beef stew. How he did that so fast, I'll never know.

As we were eating my Sylvie came up to me. "Are you and mama going to fulfill your promise?" She asked with a large toothy grin. Everyone looked at our direction upon hearing Sylvie. "What promise is she talking about?" asked Claire with a questioning look on her face.

"Papa said he wants to start a fami-" I covered Sylvie's mouth to stop her but it was too late, everyone had already understood. Curtis let out a long whistle, "I didn't know you're so smooth Arthur, if only I was half as good as you."

"As expected of my rival, to court our princess so easily," said Feyfey. Everyone else had an unreadable expression. "W-We meant in the future!!" Tess said; her face was a scarlet red. I was also beet red so I retreaded to my tent to hide until morning.

Caera Denoir

After the embarrassing interaction everyone except me and Grey had gone to bed. Grey hadn't because he didn't need to and I wasn't tired. "So what's the real reason we're here?" I asked Grey.

"Because retainer Uto is here and I want to kill him this time." he said deadpanned. I was surprised. Not because Grey wanted to kill him, but rather that such a powerful retainer was on Dicathen so long before the war. "You couldn't kill him before? Or did you just not have the chance?" I asked.

"Well your mentor defeated him for me, speaking of which, I'll have to thank her for that." Grey replied. "Seris defeated Uto? Why would she when Agrona would know? Wait, Grey was there so she made it look like he did it, that makes more sense." I thought.

***

It was now the third day and we were in front of two huge metal doors. "So what's up with these?" asked Claire. "Are they the doors to the boss?"

"Yes, most dungeons have two giant doors like this. I'll deal with the boss and you guys will just watch." said Grey as he approached the doors.

"We're strong enough to take care of a boss," argued Curtis. I looked around and everyone shared his thoughts.

"Oh Curtis, do you really believe there's a normal boss behind these doors? If so, why are there so many mana beasts?" said Grey with an evil smile. Everyone froze once they understood what Grey meant.

"Theo, please lighten these doors." Once Theo did as told Grey pushed the two doors open to reveal a flower field with red flowers everywhere. That's not what caught everyone's attention though. On the side of the chamber opposite to us was a throne. On top of it was a man with grey skin and a horn coming from his forehead. It was a Vritra blood. He looked at us with a sadistic smile.