Chapter 4

Tessia Eralith

"War" that one word sent chills down my spine. What did he mean by war? Who are we fighting, and who are the retainer's?

"That matter is better reserved for the council and not student's," he said, dismissing any questions we might've had.

"Well, Arthur may believe you're him from the future, I still don't fully believe you," I said, still somewhat doubting his words.

"W-well, you see ... beasts will more likely appear if they notice you, because they will see that you are a child. So, for our safety, it wo-," he said in a high pitched voice. I immediately hit him with a wind blade which just bounced off him. "I believe you now," I said, my face flushed red as I sat back down, "he's definitely Arthur, only he and I would know of that."

"Now as many questions as you may have, it's time for your next period," said the director as she ushered everyone out of the room, myself included.

Caera Denoir

It was Grey, the "Director," as everyone called her and myself left in the room. "How much do you know?" she asked Grey, or Arthur as he's called.

"Everything," he said, with his unchanging face. "I know about you too, but I don't think we need to talk about that, oh and we'll need our own rooms one each, you do have extra's right"

"Yeah, me and ceara get a room while Arthur sleeps on the roof," said Regis as he jumped back into Grey. "I've been meaning to ask, but what is that wolf," asked the Director.

"He's just a companion I found in the relictombs, I had to fuel him with mana for him to manifest, I used a retainer horn so that's where he gets his snarky attitude," responded Grey.

"I see, well I'm going to report this to the council, they'll love to hear this, you know where the rooms are right?" said the director.

"Yes I do, come on Ceara I'll answer some questions." said Grey as we went upstairs.

After Grey answered some questions, very few might I add as the only thing I learned this time was the names of his friends and a bit about his school life. I heard his friends, or past friends talking in the meeting room as it was now late afternoon.

"I'm going to go talk to your past self," I said I I started to leave.

"Let me come, I want to talk to the-," No, I interrupted, "you'll just stop him from saying anything, plus I want to know how you only need 4 hours of sleep a week, since you don't care to answer that."

"Very well, call me if anything does go wrong," he said with a rare smile on his face as he pulled out the rainbow stone he sometimes looks at.

I walked downstairs and heard multiple voice's talking, there seemed to be less than earlier, I knocked on the door. "Who is it?" I heard it sounded like that elven girl that attacked Grey, which I'm surprised he didn't do anything about. "It's me Ceara," I responded. "I've come to answer some questions, as well as ask some of my own."

They went silent, then the door opened as a girl with red hair looked at me with judgemental eyes as everyone stared at me and I swear I felt some bloodlust from the elven girl.

I went in and sat down as everyone kept their eyes on me with no one looking away.

"I'll answer one question and in exchange I want to ask a question as well," I said, earning some weird looks.

"Why would you want to ask questions, and from use nonetheless," said Arthur as he looked at me with his blue eyes. Compared to Grey's they look so happy and full of emotion.

"Well Grey never tells me anything about his past, I only learned his real name this morning and even then I don't know much so I was wondering if you could help me seeing as you are much more approachable." I said. Arthur looked a little shaken although I don't know why.

"Why do you call him Grey," said a girl with long black hair and a face that looks like a doll.

"Because that was what his alias was and I call him that as not to confuse myself"

"Here's my question," said the elf, "Who are you and what's your relation to Arthur" she said as she looked at me with what I think was the intent to kill.

"I guess we're teammates, or partners in crime considering we've both done illegal things together, as for who I am," I stood up, " I am Caera of highblood Denoir, I am what you would call an Alacryan, I'm from the another continent." As I finished everyone looked at me with surprised expressions, I was a little taken aback as I expected for them to show a face of disgust considering what we've done to them.

"Now it's my turn to ask questions," I said as I walked up to Arthur, "What are you?"

Arthur Leywin

"What are you?" What did she mean by that, I thought as I looked at the girl that I would supposedly meet one day. "Please clarify what you mean by that," I responded, not knowing what she meant.

"No human can do the things I've seen you do," what do you mean," I asked, wondering if she just misunderstood my abilities.

"Humans can't regrow lost limbs in a matter of minutes or recover from wounds fatal or not, in seconds, and the fact you only need four hours of sleep along with only a few pieces of meat and a cup of water per week, speaks a lot about how far from human you really are." she responded as if it was a known fact, but those words alone shook everyone.

"What do you mean, I can't do any of that" I said worried about what she might do.

"I've seen that man regrow his arm, he's had his heart pierced and throat sliced only to get back up and sucker punch his attacker in the face. Since you're him and he refuses to tell me, I think it's only right that you answer for him."

I was confused, everyone else seemed to be too. From what we heard, future me or "Grey '' as he went by, had abilities that surpassed common sense, and this is coming from a quadra elemental with a dragon bond and beast will.

"As of the moment I'm human, I have no idea how I would even end up with those abilities." I replied hoping that would satisfy her curiosity for now.

"Alright, that makes sense, I doubt even you would lie in front of your friends. I was about to ask you how you used aether but seeing that you still have your mana core I guess you don't know yet, am I right?" she said as if stating another fact.

"What do you mean, he still has his mana core?!" yelled Tess as she shot up from her seat as her hands slammed on the table.

"When I first met Grey his mana core was shattered and he was unconscious, I left him where he was while feeling sorry for him, a few weeks later we crossed paths again and I saw him fighting monsters with strange new abilities and a talking shadow wolf."

"What does aether do?" asked Curtis, everyone was on the edge of their seats.

"Well, I don't know the extent of what aether can do because of how strong it can be, but at the moment not including his regeneration Grey can, turn back time on inanimate objects, move at essentially light speed for short bursts, shoot aether like a canon, create swords from thin air, and control destruction incarnate. He also gets more abilities over time."

"What?!" everyone said at the same time. "None of that makes any sense. How could any human do that!" said Elijah.

"Well he learned from the ancient mages, or dijin as he calls them. So while it may not make sense for us he explains it as if everything is a common fact that we should."

"You're kind of guilty of that yourself," I said, still a little shaken from the fact that I heard about the reality bending abilities of my future self.

"Well, you're a monster Mr. Quadra elemental with a dragon bond. I know all this because it became common knowledge during the war."

"War" I was shaken, and so was everyone else, we had forgotten about that.

"Did our continents go to war," I asked, not wanting to hear an answer from the fear of what it could mean.

She sat back down with a darkened look on her face, "Yes, we declared war on you."