Chapter 2

"Grey, where are we," questioned Caera as she looked around, a stunned look on her face.

" I don't know, but it feels familiar," I lied through my teeth, not wanting to say anything about myself. "But I think it's best if we leave soon, someone might come."

"And why shouldn't they, everyone deserves to see me in all of my majestic glory," said Regis before bursting out laughing.

" I agree with Grey, it's best if we get out of here fast and find out where we are, maybe even when,' said Caera clearly very worried and confused.

"Aright, Regis, get inside me," I said as I grabbed Caera and godstepped onto the roof. I then looked around to see students leaving the auditorium. "Get down," I whispered to Caera, "we don't want to be seen". As I scanned the face's I saw, me? I was next to Elijah as we walked with Sylvie on my head.

"Elves and dwarfs," said Caera, "that means we're in Dicathen, and a school by the looks of it. This is bad Grey, we're in the middle of enemy territory, we need to-". Calm down" I said, "how would they know we're alacryans if we don't show our marks?" She looked at me like I was the smartest person in the world. "Ok, that makes sense but I want to talk to you," she said. "Wh-," I was interrupted by a loud crash. We both spun our heads to look at where the sound came from. A human boy was fighting a dwarven boy, I knew what was happening as I had a first person view in the past.

"Alright, lets go," I said godstepping to an abandoned basement room I used to hide in.

"Running away from your past?" said Regis, concern laced in his voice.

"So what if I am," I snapped back, "I don't think I can see Tess, much less anyone else."

I was about to sit on an old chair when I heard Caera say "Explain."

"Explain what?"

"Everything," she said with a serious expression, "that pedestal said "to see the past" and you said you recognized the room we were in, you also knew of this convenient room, that mind you, IS IN A SCHOOL ON ANOTHER CONTINENT," she screamed as we stood in the middle of the dust riddled room.

Caera Denoir

I looked at Grey, his golden eyes staring into my soul with his deadpan expression. Who is he? I knew he had secrets but if what I think is true then I don't know what to think. "Who are you really, Grey?"

He sighed, "well you were going to find out anyway if we stay here, so the earlier you know the better. Allow me to introduce myself properly, my name is Arthur Leywin, I am one of Dicathen's lance's."

"Arthur Leywin '' no person didn't know that name, he was one of the biggest threats to our continent, someone that killed two retainers and hundreds of alacryans. I felt betrayed, someone I had put my trust in, someone I followed to the most dangerous of places. I felt my hands shake, I drew my blade, "What are you going to do to me now that I know?"

"Nothing," he said, his expression unmoving, "We're in dicathen and in the past, you can't tell anyone, plus I still need a partner for the relictombs."

I calmed down, still processing what just happened, "You okay?," he said, "NO I'M NOT OKAY, I just learned that someone I put all my trust in, is thought to be dead, the biggest enemy of Alacrya. Wait, how are you alive?"

"Remember when we first met?"

"Yeah, in the rest room in the relictombs."

"Well, I created a teleport gate to get away but I somehow ended up there with my mana core shattered and an annoying Regis screaming at me."

"I remember that, but what I want to know now is where are we?" I said.

"We're in Xyrus academy, the magic school I went to, today should be my first day of school."

"And how do you know that? Did you see your past self or something," I said as I put away my blade knowing he won't hurt me.

"Yes actually, he was there with an old friend." he said looking a bit sad before putting up his mask.

"Well I didn't see you, you're pretty noticeable in a crowd as well."

"I used to have auburn hair and blue eyes, it makes sense you wouldn't see me." Upon hearing that I remembered seeing someone that matched his description. A young boy with a white fox on his forehead and laughing. I couldn't believe it, he was so different, so emotional. "Was it the war?" I asked "Was it the war that made you put up that mask?"

"Yes," he said. He then explained who he was and his past. I couldn't help but feel guilty. Our people took his childhood, his friends, his father. It explained everything, his almost forgotten emotions, his lack of knowledge about Alacrya and his somewhat hidden hatred and his skills. "What do you think of me?"

Grey

"What do you think of me?" such a simple question, yet i couldn't answer it.

"I think you're a perfect partner for our masochist princess," said Regis as he jumped out from my core." You bring so much joy, the best Arthur here can do is yell at me for being too awesome.

"Thanks Regis but I want to know what Grey thinks about me, can I still call you that?"

"I prefer if you use it here because if my past self hears it he'll catch on quick. But I see you as a partner, someone that covers my back, other than that I don't really know, but I don't see you as an enemy."

"That's a relief," she said with a large sigh.

"I don't mean to intrude in your little enlightenment session, but how are we going to get back to the future, we don't have a police box or anything," said Regis.

"I suppose that's a problem now isn't it," I said "Maybe if we go back to the relictombs the pedestal might be there again."

"And how would we get there?" said Caera who is now sitting on an old dust covered chair.

"I need to confront my past," I said, standing up as I go for the door.