Chapter 5

"I see," I said. I was calm on the outside but on the inside my emotions were raging. I didn't know what I felt. "Are you our enemy?" I asked by letting out all my bloodlust. Everyone couldn't breathe but I didn't care, I needed to know, I won't let my family suffer, my friends, Tess.

"If I was an enemy I doubt you would have ever met me, considering your future self is much colder than you." she responded, not even fazed by my intent. I retracted my intent and everyone got back up, pale in the face.

"What do you mean he's a quadra elemental," asked Kathyln, who had a somewhat confused expression. Which meant she wanted answers.

"I meant what I said, Arthur Leywin was known to be the strongest of Dicathen, He had control over all the elements and two deviants along with a dragon bond that put fear into all who saw it."

"Arthur, my rival, is this true?" asked Feyfey who looked at me like someone had just told him the moon was made of cheese.

"It's true, Sylvie here is a dragon," I responded as I took off my seal and revealed my affinities. "But to hear I'm the strongest of Dicathen from the enemy is a great honor."

"Enough about Arthur," said Curtis as he stood up and slammed his fists on the table, "I want to know about the war."

"The war will start officially in about two years but they have been sending spies for years so there's nothing they don't know about us while we had no knowledge about them." I spun around and saw my future self standing in the doorway. I was paralyzed from what I saw him holding, an all too familiar rainbow stone. He came up to me and whispered in my ear. "Let's talk in private later, there's a lot you should know"

"In about half a year the academy will be attacked and dozens of students will die," he said out loud. He then sat next to who I now know is Caera as Regis jumps out of his chest looking like a puppy.

"Yeah Grey had to kill the half-elf to save his girlfriend, he even destroyed his manhood before being kidnapped by the lances," said Regis as he jumped onto Caera's lap.

"Girlfriend?" said Caera as she eyed Grey suspiciously. "I didn't think you could even feel love, much less have a girlfriend. I assume it's the elf?" I saw Tess's ears turn bright red as she tried to hide her face behind her hands.

"Yes, she is but because of the teleport gate incident I haven't been able to see her. It also doesn't help that she thinks I'm dead." He said with a deadpan expression.

"And how would you know that? You said you're stuck on the other continent so how would you know what Tess thought?" asked Claire it was like she was trying to find holes in his story. "I guess she still doesn't believe them" I thought.

"He used the orb of stalking," said Regis "It allows him to watch anyone from anywhere. It's a shame he won't let me use it."

"The what?" we all replied. "The orb o-" said Regis before Grey slapped him across the room. We all looked at him with a disgusted look.

"In my defense, it can only be used every three days and only for a few moments."

"That doesn't make it any better," said Tess who could now be mistaken for a ripe tomato.

"Back to the attack on the school, how does it happen?" said Tess who was composing herself.

"To summarize, after I was thought dead from falling deep into a dungeon, I returned to the school to see it under attack, Kai had trapped the disciplinary committee and the student council in a barrier. One of the enemy's made it into the school and convinced dozens of students, mainly humans and a few professors to help in the attack by using their racism against elves and dwarfs to get them to do what he wanted. They brought in monsters to attack as well, killing everyone who opposed them." he said, with a tinge of regret in his eyes, but his face didn't show it.

"You seem to be presumed dead a lot, is it normal for you?," asked Feyfey.

"Yes" me and Grey responded together.

"I see, well my rival, it seems I have a lot of training to do in order to catch up," said Feyfey with a smug face.

"Someone please explain how in vritra horns is he Grey's rival?" asked Caera with a confused look.

"Vritra horn's?" I asked, confused. "It's a saying over in alacrya," she responded looking a little embarrassed. "I'm still trying to take in the fact I'm in Dicathen, and the fact Grey was lying about himself since I met him."

"I agree, but it's getting late" said Tess, I looked out the window and saw the sun had set. "We should go to bed to process this information, and don't talk to Kai, we'll let the director deal with him later."

After everyone had left I went up to Grey's room, I'm still wondering why he chose that name.

Tessia Eralith

As we left Arthur came up to me and asked me to take Sylvie for the night.

"Why? Do you have something to do?" I asked,

"I'm thinking of talking with my future self, or Grey as he goes by and I don't know how long it will take but at least she should get some rest."

"Alright," I said. "Thanks"

Once I heard Art enter "Grey" room I sat outside and enhanced my ears as Sylvie slept in my arms. I then started to listen to them talk.

Grey

I was in my room waiting for my past self to come. Regis was asleep on the bed.I heard a knock on my door. "Come in" He came in and sat down, "Sylvie is with Tess, so we can talk about whatever without her having to worry. "

"What do you want to know first?" I said already knowing he would want to know about Sylvie.

"Why is Sylvie's egg here?" he asked, not hiding his concern.

"Sylvie, used a sacrificial spell to heal me, it put her into this state. That's also the reason my features changed; the spell turned me into a half-dragon, hence the need for very little sleep or food. It's because of her I can use aether." As I said his face turned to shock then to sadness. "Don't worry, she's alive but I need more aether to wake her up."

"Why do you need aether? Couldn'-, oh yeah your mana core is shattered." He said.

"Couldn't, what? I asked, unaware of what he meant.

"I thought you could use the beast will to hatch her like in the past"

Suddenly I had a revelation, "What will happen if you use Sylvia's will, we are the same person so she should hatch."

We looked at each other with unreadable expressions." Why didn't I think of that!" I said with a slight chuckle, "Try it" I saw the runes appear on my younger self, soon I heard a crack. We both looked at the egg.

Before we could react a bright white light came from the egg and floated in the middle of the room.

Once the light faded I saw Sylvie, in her human form lying on the ground asleep. My past self looked like someone had revealed all his secrets to the world.

"Nooooo, papa, let me sleep for 5 more minutes" said Sylive as she rolled on the floor.

"Hey, Sylvie," I said, shaking her " get up, it's dinner time." She shot up. "Arthur?! Is that you"

"Yes Sylvie, it's me," I said, feeling the tears escaping my eyes.

"But ho-," she stopped, she saw my past self who hasn't moved since she hatched. "Who. are. you.?

"He's me," I said as she released her intent, "We traveled to the past."