Chapter 22

Grey

I sat in the director's office waiting for her to come. I had talked to my family yesterday so I'm now in a much better state. "What do you think she wants now?" asked Caera. "Don't know but since it's just her she'll probably want something outrageous." I said.

"Maybe she wants us to beat up all those noble brats. I certainly wouldn't mind," said Regis as he started to daydream. "We can't show ourselves to the public, remember Regis?" said Sylvie.

"What a wonderful conversation your'll all having but you're not wrong, I do want something from you," said Goodsky as she entered the room. "So what impossible thing do you want this time?" I asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

"I want you to train my disciplinary committee, it'll be at the time you normally train Arthur and Tessia. I'll even give you your own classroom." said Cynthia. "Now that's an intriguing deal," I said.

"Are you going to take the deal?" asked Goodsky. "Depends, will Kai be there?" I asked. "No."

"Well I have another condition then." I said. "Oh?" said the director, I saw her eyebrows rise in curiosity. "Don't tell them what's going to happen, especially Feyfey." I said.

Arthur Leywin

I sat in an empty classroom with the DC and Tess. Grey had told me that the director had asked him to teach all of us to fight. I was a bit disappointed because it meant I had less time with Tess, but if everyone can get stronger I guess it's a good thing. The classroom we were in was nearly identical to practical mana manipulation, but much bigger, why we don't use this classroom, I don't know. "So why are we here?" asked Curtis. "Does it have something to do with Arthur's future self?"

"Actually yes, he's going to train us," said Tess, who rested her head on my shoulder. Before anyone else could ask anything there was a flash of purple lighting in the middle of the room. There stood Grey, Caera and Sylvie. Grey clapped his hands together. "Alright everybody prepare to have your spirits broken and body's bruised. If you do get hurt Sylvie will heal you." he said this with an evil grin.

"How did you do that??!" asked Claire. "It's a trade secret, anyway, I'm professor Grey" he motioned to Caera," is my assistant Caera, and if anyone doesn't like my class you can train with Regis." At this Regis jumped out of his shadow and stood around 4 meters tall. He was in his destruction form, at least that's what he called it. Grey said he becomes a bit crazy when he's like that but as long as he isn't in that form for long he'll be fine.

"AHHHHH!!!!" yelled everyone together. "WHAT IS THAT?!"

"I'm Regis, I'm the one who takes care of all the naughty little boys and girls. So make sure to cause trouble so that I can have some fun," said Regis. It was clear he was enjoying this.

"THAT'S REGIS?!" yelled Curtis. "He changed a lot from when I saw him last."

"How rude, I've always looked this cool," said Regis as he returned to his normal size. Everyone stared at him in pure disbelief. Grey just ignored them and Caera and Sylvie sat down at the teachers desk.

"So you're going to train us?" asked Theo. "I don't see how you can train us." It seemed like Doradrea thought the same. It made sense, I never knew them well and so they didn't know much about me. I looked around the room. Everyone had so many questions but they didn't know which to ask first.

"Yes, I am, Me and Caera will train you in combat and Sylvie will help you with mana manipulation. Combat against monsters will be done with Regis. As for how I'll train you, It'll be different for every person." said Grey as looked Theo in the eye. "No offense, but I really don't think training with Regis will be safe. I think he'll be a danger to us." said Claire. She wasn't wrong, Regis was not someone you could trust as a teacher. He'll probably hurt us. "Don't worry about that, as I said earlier Sylvie can heal you as long as your injuries aren't too bad." said Grey.

"Alright everyone get down here and we'll start." said Caera. It seems she has experience with teaching. How strange. We all went down and all stood in a line. "So how exactly will we train?" asked Curtis.

"Well, like I said everyone will have individual type of training, but for my past self," Instead of finishing his sentence he ran toward me with his baton in hand. He even put on his Armor. I tried to dodge but he was faster than usual and knocked me down. "As you can see, this is the training I'll give myself, but yours will be much less painful. Sylvie, please heal him." Sylvie then came over and healed my bruises.

Everyone looked at Sylvie with fear, not because of her unique healing but the fact that them getting hurt wouldn't stop the training.

Me and everyone else were now standing in a row waiting for Grey to tell us what to do. We all feared him. His pitch black armor only helped to intimidate us. "Alright, everyone, we'll start with basic mana manipulation, since I can't use mana anymore Sylvie will be teaching you."

"No offense but how is she supposed to train us in mana?" asked Curtis. "I have access to all of Grey's memories, so I also know how to best manipulate mana, now everyone casts the lowest tier spell of your element, then conjurers, absorb the spell back into your hand and augmenters shoot your spell out forwards." said Sylvie as she put on some round glasses.

***

Me and Tess fought Caera for the whole class as we had already done what they were learning. Curtis was looking at us, or Caera rather the whole time. Once we were done Feyfey suggested we all eat together in the DC office for lunch.

"Ahhhh~" said Theo as he sat down. "That was one of the hardest classes I ever had, and we didn't even spare at all."

"Yeah, who knew Arthur was so good at teaching," said Curtis. "You humble me," I said in a teasing tone. "Enough about Grey, or whatever you call yourself in the future. Are you and Tessia dating?" asked Claire, she was hovering over the table trying to get close to us.

"Yes we are," said Tess with a blush on her face. "I'm still glad she accepted me. I don't know what I would've done if she hated me."

"So, how did you two meet?" asked Curtis. He had a shine in his eyes. "We prefer not to talk about it," I said with a darkened look on my face. Thankfully everyone got the message and stopped asking. Instead they started to ask about how we became friends. It's basically the question except they meant after we meet.

"Well I first met Arthur when he was 4 back in Zestier. He was following the princess around the city," said Feyfey. "Wait,wait,wait,wait. Arthur you've been to Zestier?" asked Claire.

"Yeah, after we met Art lived with me while he trained under grandpa, and Feyrith the first thing you did to Art was challenge him to a duel. If I remember correctly you ended up face first on the ground," said Tess with a light laugh as she clinged onto my arm.

"You trained under Elder Virion?" asked Kathyln. "Yes I did, although he wouldn't stop teasing me and Tess." I replied. "You did live with her for 3 years," said Claire as if she was trying to support gramps teasing.

"Then he left and never visited until we came to school," Tess said, giving me a condescending look. "In my defense, a demon keeps waking me up every morning by twisting my ankle or using me as a target to practice your spells. It also didn't help you keep coming into my room to wake me up at five. You never even knocked." I said.

"What am I supposed to do, the only thing that wakes you up is physical pain." said Tess. "You used Arthur as a target for your spells?! Wouldn't that kill him? He wouldn't've been awakened then." said Doradrea as she put an entire pound of meat in her mouth.

"Arthur awakened when he was three and was dark red by the time I met him. And don't worry about him being hurt, he was dark orange by the time I awakened." said Tess. "Mama loves bragging about you papa!" said Sylvie as she tried to steal my steak. "What?! Arthur, did you really awaken when you were 3? It's no wonder you're a monster," said Curtis. "Dark orange by 7.Ahhh~"

Curtis sank back into his chair and we all laughed at him. "Seriously, you're a monster, you and your future self. Everyone nodded and I couldn't help but sheepishly giggle at their stares.