Chapter 14

Arthur Leywin

"Because if you don't, I'll kill him."

"WHAT?" I screamed. If we hadn't been isolated I might've woken up the whole campus.

"Because Elijah and Nico are one in the same. If he regains his memories he'll become a huge threat to Dicathen." Sylvie responded. She had no emotion in her voice.

"W-What do you mean? T-That's i-impossible." I stuttered. I had a million questions.

"It's very possible, thousands of Dicathen's have died by his hands. As long as he lives he will only bring death and destruction. Your future self has already cut off his heart from him and now resolves to kill him." said Sylvie.

"Why not just destroy his mana core?" I asked, I didn't want my friend to die. "If he truly is Nico maybe I can make up with him"

Then Sylvie did something I didn't expect. She turned her head to an angle and asked with the most innocent face and voice I've ever heard. "So you would rather Tessia suffer a fate worse than death?"

I couldn't breathe. I fell to my knees. I wanted to talk. I wanted to ask questions. "What did she mean? A fate worse than death?... Tess has to go through that?"

Then Sylvie, in her still innocent face said." So you would rather Cecilia take control of Tessia's body, forced to watch as she embraces a man who killed the love of her life? You would rather Tessia watch as she kills her own kind, her own friends and her own family with HER OWN TWO HANDS?" Her voice got angrier the longer she talked. I saw tears coming from her eyes. Despite that she still was looking at me with disgust.

I just stared at her. I couldn't say anything to her. She then walked away leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Grey

I sat on my bed reading a book I couldn't finish because of Wisdom kidnapping me. It was about midnight and everyone was asleep. Then Sylvie came in. Her face was covered in tears. I didn't need to ask what she was crying about.

I motioned for her to come over to me. Once she did she buried her face in my stomach and started weeping. I then let it all out myself. We cried until morning comforting one another. The emotional wall I had built came crumbling down, we let each other feel our emotions completely. Even Regis started to cry from our emotions seeping into him.

By the time we had calmed down it was early morning. "I told him." I looked down at Sylvie. "I told him about mama. I told him about Nico and Cecilia." She then looked up at me, meeting my eyes. "Let me kill Nico." Her face was full of determination and hatred.

"Not yet, Sylvie. I understand where you're coming from, but if we drive a wedge between us and our past selves it will only cause problems. Problems we can't afford to make." I responded. "Now that said I'm going to try and find him, you tell the director and Tess he ran away because we told him dad died."

"Alright, I'll let them know. I'll also tell Caera that you're gone," said Sylvie who was wiping away the tears still on her face.

I nodded and then godstepped to the top of Xyrus academy tower, the highest point of the whole academy. Once I was there I was my past self lying down, his eyes were red from crying.

"Is it true?" he asked me while still staring at the clouds. "Is everything true?"

I sat down next to him and overlooked the academy. "Yes."

"I see. Who else is dead?" His voice was monotone. I then hit him on the head. "Don't get rid of your emotions." I said this with the tone of voice a teacher might use on a misbehaving student.