Chapter 16

Caera Denoir

Me and Tessia had gone to her new room to talk about the one we both had questions about. I wanted to know where Grey's strength came from and I assume she wanted to know how strong he got. Once she entered our room she wowed. Since from what I saw from her room she didn't have a wall between beds or a kitchen.

"So this is where you've stayed for the past five days?" she asked me while looking around. "Yeah but I haven't really paid attention to any of it because of the whole time travel on a different continent." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. In reality I don't really care. In fact I like this little ascent of ours, if you could even call it that.

"Oh yeah... you must miss your home." Tessia said this with a guilty face. I couldn't help but laugh at this comment. "Don't worry I don't like my family and they don't really like me either. It's not at the level of hate but it's not great either." I said. I couldn't read her expression.

Trying to change the topic of conversation she noticed that door that separated our rooms. To be more precise, her and Arthur's room. "So that's the door that leads to Arthur's room?"

"Yes, it even has a magically enhanced lock. Not that it can stop Grey since he can just teleport. Do you wanna go and see what they're doing?" I teased.

Not noticing or not caring about my tease she went and knocked on the door. I only then noticed the little white fox on her shoulder. "I wonder what that thing is?"

Not soon after she knocked on the door Grey opened the door. "Hello Tess. Did you need something?"

"W-Well I was wondering if Arthur was there?" she said with a blush.

Grey just looked her in the eyes and said. "Arthur speaking what do you need?" I stifled a laugh. "You know what I mean!" Tessia said as she kicked him in the shins. Hard.

"Why do you always return to violence? But yeah, he's here. Regis is currently teasing him." said Grey as he moved out of the way for us to enter. Once we did we saw Arthur beat red as Regis was laughing at him. Sylvie was playing sovereigns quarrel by herself.

"Hey Arthur, how's the room?" asked Tessia. She sat down next to him. "It's better than expected, but what's with the connecting rooms?" asked Arthur.

"I don't know why there are connecting rooms but don't worry. The beds can fit two people." I teased. Both Arthur and Tessia went red. "Ahh, this is so much fun. I can see why Grey likes teasing people so much."

"A-Anyway, let's get to the point of what we want to talk about tonight." said Tessia. "My first question is when did you guys come from?"

"Well I'm 18 so 6 years." said Grey.

"You're 18?!" All three of us said in unison. "Yes... I am. What's wrong?" Grey looked confused at our surprise.

"Well you look like you're in your early 20's." said Arthur.

"Oh yeah, I do look like that, don't I." responded Grey, he started to play with his hair.

"Enough about Grey, Caera tell us about Alacyra." said Tessia who was looking at me with stars in her eyes.

"It's not that glamorous, it's pretty bad. For example the justice system is horrible. One Highblood family tried to get Grey a death sentence in order to take any and all treasure he might have. I had to beg my family to help him, this was before I knew that he uses aether instead of mana." I said, a bit embarrassed about our justice system.

"Well it's not all bad you guys have ice cream. That's a plus in my book. You can't go wrong with ice cream." said Grey, licking his lips. "I'm glad ice cream is one of the few things about us that you like," I replied with a sarcastic tone.