Chapter 8

Grey

"We lost," I said, "they got control of the floating castle, and thus all the teleport gates as well. You were the only surviving council member. "

"D-Does that mean that mom and dad died?" said Tess, she was shocked and on the verge of tears. I sighed, I didn't want to tell her but she needed to know. "Yes, unfortunately we couldn't save them."

"How did they get a hold of the castle anyway?" asked Virion with a grim expression.

I looked at him "Through a series of events it was the corruption in Tess's beast will that lead to the castle being conquered, but since we got rid of it-"

"It won't happen," finished Arthur. He had his arm around Tess and she was leaning on him.

"Looks like we owe you Arthur," said Virion as some color returned to his face. "But if we really are going to war then we need information about our enemy and how they work."

"Alright, but call me Grey, it's the alias I used and it's what I use here to identify the difference between me and my past self" I responded. I then looked at Cynthia, she nodded at me knowing what I was about to do.

"This might sound crazy, but our good friend Cynthia here is a spy turned traitor who decided to help us." As I finished, Virion looked at her flabbergasted. "Is this true?" She just nodded. "Have you been lying to me this whole time? Why haven't you said anything?" He screamed at her. His face was lined with disbelief. Tess and Arthur looked at her the same, I could see they felt betrayed.

"She hasn't said anything because she has a curse that would kill her if any information left her mouth," said Sylvie in her defense. "Taking everything into account you should thank her." Their faces softened upon hearing this.

"I'm sorry for screaming at you," said Virion "This is just so much to take in".

"No it's okay, it only makes sense," she replied. "I would've done the same." She had a happy smile. "Oooo~~~." said Regis as he watched them. "They make a good couple."

"This still doesn't solve our lack of information," he said, sitting back down scratching his head.

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that the council has a floating castle?" said my past self who was cuddling with Tess. "Good job Sylvie, you got the masochist princess and the elf princess together, I thought we would have to go skinny dipping in lava a few more times," said Regis as he chuckled to himself.

"Yes," we all replied simultaneously.

"If it's about the lack of information, I can help," said Caera. I was surprised. "Caera, we're talking about going to war with your kind, are you really sure?" I asked.

Caera Denoir

"Yes I'm sure. You were going to tell them anyway. You've seen Alacrya, Grey. It's depressing and corrupt, the high sovrin doesn't care for us and Argona only sees us as cannon fodder," Isaid.

I turned to Virion, "I am Caera of highblood Denoir, I am the daughter of a high ranking noble in Alacrya. I never wanted this war even if it doesn't affect me because I know it affected innocents. I have very little loyalty to my continent. I'll offer you more information than Grey can, but I want something in return."

"Very well, Caera of highblood Denoir, what do you want?" said Virion. He rested his head on his hand and released some bloodlust towards me.

"I want you to guarantee my safety. My past self is somewhere out there and I don't want to die," I replied, trying my best to resist Virion's bloodlust.