Chapter 6

"What?" Sylvie looked at me like I was crazy. It made sense though, she woke up after thinking she died saving me only to see my past self. "Just go through my memories and catch up, I really don't know how to explain anything." I said, earning a weird look from Arthur.

"What do you mean by "go through my memories?" he asked, his confusion not dwindling since our interaction started. "And is that really Sylvie?"

"Yes she is, she matured quickly because, well, she's a dragon," I said as Sylvie sat on the bed next to Regis as she processed everything. "Sylvie can read all our thoughts, memories and emotions, I learned how to keep some things secret but sometimes things get to her."

"So do I know of your emotional struggle with telling Tess you love her? Yes, yes I do. Do I know that you're a fool for not admitting it? Yes, yes I do." said Sylvie as she stared down Arthur. "Don't make the same mistake as this idiot and wait until you're sixteen to finally admit it."

"In my defense we both went to Epheotus for two years with no way back, so I couldn't say anything even if I wanted to." I said, in a small effort to keep some shame.

"Arthur, you've loved her since you were a child, you had no excuse for delaying it. What do you think Tessia?" she said as she looked at the door, as we followed her gaze we saw a red eared Tess carrying a very awake Sylvie come from behind the door.

Arthur Leywin

How did I not notice her? Did she practice stealth? Grey seemed to be surprised as well.

"I'm going to let you two talk this out, I don't want to get caught up in this," said Grey as he just vanished, it was like when we first met, he moved faster than I could see leaving not even a blur. That Traitor! The future Sylvie walked up to me and whispered in my ear, "You're Arthur Leywin now, don't let your past life shackle you, just admit it and embrace the time you have left until the war." She then walked away leaving just me and Tess in the room.

"Arthur, is this true?" she said, holding my Sylvie tighter and tighter. "Tess-," I began, Sylvie was right, I need to let go of King Grey. "Tess, I lik-no. Tess, I love you, I love you as a woman," I said as I approached her. I moved her hair out of her face, she got even redder, which I thought was impossible. "I-I love you too, you idiot," she said as she kissed me. "W-we should probably go to bed, it's really late."

"Yeah, we still have school tomorrow," I said, still flustered.

Caera Denoir

Pain.

That was the only thing I felt. Who would've known these walls are so thin. I sat on the bed as I listened to Arthur and the elf flirted with each other. I don't know why but hearing them admit their feelings hurt. That elf girl, when I see her I can only think of one word. Competition. I don't know why I think of her like that but I also feel some sort of connection to her, as if we have similar past's. 

I don't know when, but I started to feel something towards Grey. Something more than just curiosity, although I don't know what it is quite yet.

I wanted to get closer to Grey. Seeing him so friendly , felt good. "But how would I do that? He's shown more emotions here in a day than all the months I've known him"

"Are you ok?" I heard from the corner of my room. Grey was standing there! "What are you doing?!" I screamed, throwing a pillow, ''Why are you in my room?"

"I'm here to check up on you, it must be pretty confusing." He said. 'And who's fault is that? My whole viewpoint of you has shifted." I responded. "I saw you as an emotionless killer who would do anything to get stronger, but now I see a boy with friends and people who love him."

"Well at least you don't live inside his head, it's like every circus clown came together to make the most incomprehensible collection of words," said Regis, as he jumped on my bed to look at me.

"To be honest, I'm quite jealous of you," I said as I brought my knees to my face. "How so?" he replied. "Well, you have friends that care for you, everyone only wanted to get close to me so that I can help them in the future. I wouldn't doubt it if right now, my past self is crying herself to sleep. I know I can't really complain because we took away your childhood but that doesn't stop me." I ranted, hoping for at least some sympathy.

"I'm not going to blame you for the war, it's not your fault anyway. I know you didn't want it either. " He said as he sat on the foot of the bed, looking me in the eyes, something that was rare for him to do. "But before school I had hard times in my life. When I was four my family was attack by bandits, they wanted to turn me and my mom into slaves and kill my father. The guards we brought managed to kill them but I was thrown off a cliff-"

"Wait," I interrupted him," you were thrown off a cliff when you were 4, and lived?!"

"Yes, after that I somehow made my way to the kingdom of Elenoir, where I met Tess. I was stuck there for three years. I had almost no contact with my parents and they thought I was dead. After that when I was twelve, I fought an elderwood guardian, I almost died. Not because it was too strong, but because I was betrayed by my teammate."

I was to say the least, surprised, I knew he had hardships but not any that bad. My problems are nothing compared to his.

"You must trust her quite a bit to say that much about your past." I looked at the door to see who was talking. There stood a little girl, she looked about 10 years old wearing a long black dress. She had the same features as Grey but had two horns, similar to my own on her head.

"Are you Sylvie?" I asked, remembering the interaction I overheard. "Yes I am," she responded as she sat on Grey's lap. I was about to comment when I noticed he started stroking her head.

"Thanks for looking out for this moron. I know he can be quite the handful" she said, smiling at me.

"Your welcome," I responded," but are you really a dragon?"

"Well I'm half-dragon, half-vritra but I look more like a dragon and I prefer to think of myself as one." she said.

"Half Vritra?" I questioned, not hiding my surprise.

"Well Agrona is my father, but I consider Arthur my papa."

"You're Agrona's kid?!" I screamed, my mouth agape.

"Biologically yes, but I consider Arthur and Tess my papa and mama." She said with a hint of anger in her voice, although I don't know why.

"Anyway, get some rest, tomorrow will be even more chaotic," said Grey as he walked back to his room with Regis. Sylvie stayed behind and once Grey left, she said,'' Despite not showing it he trust's you, he never reveals his past, even to his friends, so I hope you treat him well, as a partner.'' She emphasized that last part. I sighed.

I layed down to sleep, the bed was surprisingly comfy. My eyes felt heavy as I drifted off to sleep.

Virion Eralith

I sat in the floating castle along with the rest of the council. Cynthia Goodsky had asked us to gather because in her words "Some very concerning and unbelievable information."

As we sat waiting, the doors opened up and she walked in. We all waited wanting to know why she called us. "Why have you called us here, we have more important things to do," said Glaudera Greysunders, obviously annoyed.

"If you called us here it must be very important," I said my curiosity was growing the longer I waited, "Is it information on the other continent?  

'Yes actually, but from two, or three rather, unbelievable individuals" she replied. She looked quite uneasy. 

"Well, who are they? spit it out" said Blaine Glayder, who seemed to be excited.  

"You might not believe anything I say as it's hard for even myself to comprehend," said Goodsky, "But do you believe in time travel?"

(A.N people have been worried about the romance and I just want to say that it will be very minor and I will not advance it past the novel. The only reason I advanced Arthur and Tess is because it's in Sylvie's character to push them together.)