Chapter 28

Seris

I flew toward the last known location of Alacryan people in the beast glands. From my investigation about 70% of the corrupted monsters were dead and 80% of our camps were destroyed. I assumed our bases were destroyed by a lance but from what I could tell they all fell to a monster. Even a few retainers died. I guess there is a very powerful monster on Dicathens side but how are they controlling it?

Once I approached the dungeon in the deepest part of the beast glands I felt huge mana fluctuations from inside. I ran to the bottom of the dungeon and I was about to barge in but something told me not to. I hid next to the open door and listened in.

"I killed 26 of them, I guess you're the one hunting tonight," I heard an older male say in an arrogant tone. "Not so fast Regis, I killed 30 and for your information I want some bird meat for dinner." I heard a female voice proclaim.

"So the males name is Regis, I wonder what their core level is." I thought. I peered inside to see a small pile of corpses. It consisted of both human and mana beasts. I then saw who was talking. There was a little girl with the same features as Grey and a giant shadow wolf with purple flames for a mane. The girl had two horns on her head similar to a vitra's.

"Ugh fffine. I'll be sure to find only the highest quality meat." Regis said in a sarcastic tone before turning to the door and seeing me. The little girl followed his gaze. "What honor do I have for the Great Scythe Seris of Alacrya to visit the little old me?" said Regis in a mocking tone, I dismissed his remark because I wanted to know who and what they are.

"You know who I am?" I asked curiously. "Of course, we are from the future after all." said Regis who started to chuckle.

"So you came with Grey and Caera?" I asked. If they did then that raised more questions than answers. The little girl gave me a surprised expression while I couldn't read Regis due to him being a wolf. "You met them already?" she asked, clearly surprised.

"Yes I did, they explained the basics but they didn't mention you two." I responded. I can trust them since they came with those two.

"How rude of them, I thought they were better than that," said Regis, I think he was pouting but I couldn't tell.

"Where did you meet them?" questioned the little girl. I was surprised that there was no aggression in her voice but Grey didn't seem mad at me either. Probably because we both have a similar goal.

"I met them in a dwarven town, I believe they destroyed an alacryan camp that was producing the corruption liquid." I replied. The girl was strangely mature so I didn't feel like I was talking to a child.

"I dropped them off there a few days ago, so they're probably on their way back to Xyrus. Why didn't they let me know?" The girl questioned herself.

"They probably didn't want to interrupt your... work," I answered for her. "Most likely," she agreed.

Regis then lit up, I think, I still couldn't understand his face. He then stared at Sylvie and she stared back. I couldn't make out what they were doing. They soon closed their eyes and after a while they turned to me. Regis smiled and looked me in the eyes, "I have an idea but it'll only work if you agree."

"Let's hear it," I replied not sure what he was going to say.

Caera Denoir

I walked down the hall to meet my mentor. She said that she had a mission for me but she didn't say any more. I mentally groaned, the "missions" she gave me had always been something ridiculous. The last time she gave me a mission she dropped me in a random forest and had me make it out on my own, when I was 9 mind you.