Chapter 31

Caera Denoir

I held Grey's shirtless top against my own bathing suit. After crying for about half-an-hour he fell asleep in my arms. I looked at his pale skin and the muscles that covered his entire body. I moved my hands down to his abs while he laid his back against me. His muscles were tough and sturdy. I couldn't help but to hug him from behind.

After a while I felt him stir awake so I put his head on my lap. "Mom! Ellie! Dad! Don't go! I'm here! That's not me! Don't leave me! I'm coming home..." Grey yelled, still asleep. I shock him away so hopefully he won't remember this dream, it'll probably scar him. Grey shot up realizing it was just a dream.

"It was just a dream, calm down. I'm here, don't freak out." I comforted, as I pulled his head back to my chest. "E-Everyone was there but there was also me. H-He was the same Arthur as the one here, b-but he was the same age as me. E-Everyone was with him. M-Mom, Dad, Gramps. They couldn't even see me. I-I was forced to watch the other me live a better life. It was torture." Grey cried through his wails. Grey was doing something I never expected, he was trembling in my arms.

His unnaturally slim figure felt like a toy doll. So small and fragile. I felt that if I let go of Grey for even a moment he would break. I looked up to see the sun setting. "Hey Grey, let's go back, Sylvie and Regis deserve to know what's going too. We can't keep them in the dark. You can keep them in the dark about the kiss though." I said as I pushed his head off my lap.

"Alright, you're right." Grey said as he removed the seal from his wrist. He paused before continuing. "I didn't tell them what was going to happen and just to meet us at the school." Grey stated as he got up and put his shirt back on. "Wait for me! I still need to get out of my swimsuit." I said as I ran to the change room.

"Are you wearing a school swimsuit?" I heard Grey ask. "What do you mean?" I inquired.

"Nothing, let's just go," said Grey as he started to leave. I shrugged and changed out of my swimsuit and followed him.

Grey

Me, Caera, Sylvie and Regis sat on a different private beach. Sylvie and Regis were going through my memories but I made sure to block the moments with Caera.

"I see... So we'll never be able to live with them again." Sylvie said through tears that were forming in her eyes. Although she was never close to anyone, the fact she won't be able to be Tess's daughter like she believes is horrifying to her. It makes sense, Tess has been taking care of her ever since she was born. Well, for part of her life. She's probably broken inside.

Regis was indifferent to the news but didn't say anything out of respect. Which was unexpected but welcome. Sylvie then rested her head on Caera's lap. I then moved to sit next to Caera and sat down beside her. I put my arm on the back of the couch behind her and started to rub Sylvie's back. Me and Caera comforted her for about 2 hours before she calmed down.

"So, what about you Caera? How do you feel about this?" Sylvie asked, her eyes still red. "I don't know, the only person that I genuinely care about is Grey, but I know how hard it must be on you guys." Caera replied.

For some reason I felt a little better after Caera said that. "So, what happened to you two? It's clear as day." Regis said with his eyes borrowing right into me.

"Yeah, do I need to start calling Caera mom now?" Sylvie said in a teasing tone.

"Maybe..." I replied scratching the back of my head. Everyone looked at me shocked, even Caera.

"What happened?" asked Sylvie with curiosity. I was surprised since I thought she would be a bit angry.

"Caera confessed her feelings to me and..." I started.