Chapter 10 - A Flower's Resilience

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Fern (POV)

Everything's going well here. I've managed to connect with these folks, and now all I need to do is keep impressing them. However, there are two things I'm waiting to happen at Lady Cynthia's villa...

" Ahhhh!!!! "

The maids and I fell silent at the scream echoing from the main lobby.

" Ah, her grace is home. Everyone, get back to your duties." The head maid directed, and like magic, everyone vanished. Now, it's just the head maid, Maddie, and me left in the room.

(I need to go calm down my lady right away to prevent things from getting worse.)

Rushing out of the room, I entered the main lobby and witnessed Lady Cynthia throwing things, breaking vases and creating a mess on the floor.

(Ah, she must have caught Prince Lucien flirting with another noble lady for the tenth time.)

I looked at the workers in this villa, none of them bothered to intervene or assist her in calming down. They all wore expressions as if this were a regular occurrence.

Apparently, it's normal for Lady Cynthia to get furious after returning home, so no one is stepping in to stop her.

Lady Cynthia expressed her frustration, exclaiming, "Why would he do this to me? I'm supposed to be his fiancée! Why is he flirting with other women?" I observed her reactions while I watch her venting her frustration out by throwing things on the floor.

And well? These are the reactions I anticipated when she went out to meet Prince Lucien.

Despite having the opportunity to intervene when she wanted to see him, I chose not to.

And this is what I have been planning; I deliberately allowed her to go without interference.

This isn't the first time Lady Cynthia has caught Prince Lucien flirting with other nobles.

Even when Prince Lucien invited my lady to visit him at the palace, she always ended up finding him with another woman.

This recurring situation is the reason why Lady Cynthia often returns home in an angry state.

"Pretty Lady, please don't be angry anymore," I said, holding Lady Cynthia's hand as she looked at me.

"Here, have a seat first," I said with a smile, guiding her to a chair. Initially, she seemed a bit confused about my intentions, but she still followed my lead.

"Now, please follow me," I said, maintaining a friendly demeanor.

"Please take a breath in and out, let's do it three times, okay?" I suggested with a smile, holding her left hand. She nodded in agreement.

Lady Cynthia followed my instructions, and once we finished, I placed a purple flower ring on her finger. She looked down at her hand, taking in the sight.

"What is the meaning of this?" Lady Cynthia questioned, and I responded with a smile.

"You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen; your beauty is incomparable to any ladies in this world," I complimented as she attentively listened.

"Whoever made you angry and upset today doesn't see your worth and doesn't appreciate your existence," I continued, noticing her furrowed eyebrows.

"But, Mother, even if that person or maybe the world turns their back against you," I said