Chapter 117

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Everyone arrived right in front of the church where children from other continents or neighboring countries must receive the holy blessings from the gods/goddesses inside the holy church.

( So this is the holy church that Father talks about? ) - Althea

( There are so many children...) - Althea

" Are you ready, Thea? " Archduke Willard says and then Althea looked at him with a worried expression on her face.

" Well... I guess so." Althea says and Archduke Willard smiled.

" My dear, there is no need for you to be worried, we believe that you will be able to receive something good from the goddess." Lady Cynthia says with a smile on her face.

" But... What if I don't get anything? What if I won't receive any holy blessings? " Althea says

" Father, I'm scared..." Althea

" People will laugh and will mock our family if I don't receive something good..." Althea says and Archduke Willard pats Althea's head with a warm smile on his face.

" Even if you don't receive any holy blessings, you will still be my daughter no matter what, just have faith." Archduke Willard says and Althea just sighed and nodded her head.

" Good day everyone, all children from different families will be called one by one to enter the temple and receive the holy blessings from the goddess, " The priestess says.

( Oh~ isn't she the famous priestess Michaela? A devoted servant of Qhasra, Goddess Of Honesty? )  - Althea

( I heard she can tell when people tell the truth or lie to her...) - Althea

( Did she also receive that kind of blessing from the goddess or a god? ) - Althea

( Back in my world... I never really prayed nor do I go to church to pray... I do have faith, but at the same time I don't believe in goddesses and gods.) - Althea

( But now I'm here... Standing right in front of Priestess Michaela or Mikayla.)

Everyone waited for their turn, each child went inside the temple one by one to receive a blessing from a goddess.

And finally, it was Althea's turn to receive a blessing from the goddess.

" Once you open this door and entered the temple of the goddess, you must kneel in the center and pray hard for the goddess." Priestess Mikayla says while she was staring at Althea with beautiful bright golden eyes.

" Pray for the goddess to receive her blessing and have faith in yourself," Priestess Mikayla says and Althea just nods her head.

" Now, you may enter the temple child," Priestess Mikayla says and Althea nods her head and went inside the temple.

. . .

Althea Melody (POV)

I walked inside the temple, the walls emitting bright light, when I looked up, I could see the blue sky, there was no roof at all.

Once I was already in the center, I stared at the statue just right in front of me.

It's a sculpture of a goddess with a blindfold and she was holding a sword in her left hand.

( Now... What should I even pray for? )

( I forgot to ask the Priestess... What kind of prayer should I start with...)