Chapter 23 - Threat

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Ilarion Bosworth (POV)

" Will have to replace the sofa in the main lobby before her grace arrives, the lady wants a new sofa to sit." I said as these two man with me nodded their head.

"Get me the catalog. It's over there on the table," I instructed, and Kalix handed it to me.

"I should pick something low so it's easy for the little lady to sit on," I said to myself.

"This one looks perfect for her grace and the little lady," I said, satisfied.

(Her grace likes dark colors. Dark curtains would be nice.)

(It's practical too. If I need to clean up a mess, the blood won't show on dark-colored items.)

(Oh, and her grace also wants new bedsheets for the little lady.)

(It would be best to ask the little lady what color she wants for the bedsheets.)

"Excuse me for disturbing everyone!" I turned around to see who was speaking and raised an eyebrow when I spotted a young man with blue hair and blue eyes.

"What does this young man want here? How dare you trespass in someone's villa?" I asked, giving him a cold stare.

"I'll explain later. Trespassing isn't the important issue here," he replied.

"And why isn't it important? If you can't give me a good reason for disturbing me during an important task," I said, smiling at him.

"Then you won't be leaving here alive," I added, still wearing a smile on my face.

"I'm not afraid of that. I can handle you. But seriously... is there a small child living here?" he asked, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

(Why is he looking for the little lady?)

"Yeah, there's a cute little bunny living here," Kalix replied, but the blue-haired person just furrowed his eyebrows.

"What? Do you think I'm joking? I'm not talking about the bunny you're taking care of. I'm asking if there's a little girl here," he insisted.

"Does she have black hair?" I asked, and he looked at me.

"Yes! With bright purple eyes, and there was a red ribbon in her hair. She was wearing a sky blue dress with a pair of blue shoes," he confirmed.

"That's the little lady of this villa. Can you tell me why you're looking for her?" I asked, staring at him.

"No, I'm not looking for her. I saw her outside in the garden," he replied.

"And what's the problem? The little lady can go wherever she wants as long as she's still in the villa," I stated.

"Oh god, no time for chitchat! That little beast is vomiting!" he exclaimed.

" What? " I said and causing me to quickly walk past him and head outside of the mansion.

As soon as I arrived and saw the little lady on the ground, I immediately carried her in my arms.

"Mr. Bosworth???" the little lady said, looking up at me.

"It's alright, my lady," I reassured her, gently rubbing her back as I glanced at the blue-haired young man.

"You. Please leave and don't let me see you a second time, or you won't see the sun rising tomorrow," I said sternly as I walked past him.

"T-Take care," the little lady said, waving her hand to the young man.

"O-Oh, Mr. Bosworth, please put me down. I-I think I'm gonna vomit again," she pleaded, and I gently set her down as she started vomiting again.

"You," I said, turning to face the man.

"Do you know what exactly happened to the little miss? You should be able to answer my question," I demanded, staring at him.

"I just wanted to show her around while we were flying. She could get a good view of her surroundings," he explained, causing my eyebrows to furrow. Then, David, the gardener, the head maid, and... everyone seemed to be present at that moment.

"You were the reason my little miss is vomiting!?" Madeline exclaimed.

"You! You dare to make our little miss sick!?" David, the gardener, said, pointing his axe at him.

"Do you want a beating from us, young man!?" the head cook chef added, holding a knife.

(What are these people doing here outside!?)

"W-Wait, hold on," he said.

"I'm not afraid of having a duel with everyone here, but I think it's more important to pay attention to this little beast," he explained, pointing at the little lady with his index finger.

"How dare you point at our little miss like that!?" the head maid added.

"This ugly scumbag even dared to call our little miss a beast! He really wants a good beating from us!" David exclaimed, causing me to sigh.

"If my little miss is a beast, then you're an ugly warthog!" Kalix retorted, while I wiped the lady's lips with a handkerchief.

"My lady, are you still feeling unwell?" I asked, noticing her tears.

"My throat kinda hurts, Mr. Bosworth. I can't stop my tears," the little lady said, prompting me to carry her in my arms again.

As I was about to walk away, I heard his voice again.

"Uh, should I really leave?" he asked, making me turn around with a cold expression.

"Leave, before I change my mind," I said, staring directly into his eyes.

"If you don't leave right now, as I said, I'll make sure you won't be able to see the sun tomorrow," I warned.

"Cool, I look forward to that," he replied with a smile, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

"You're really looking for trouble, aren't ya'!?" Kaleb chimed in.

"Do you think I'm trying to be funny?" I retorted, staring at him, but he remained silent, locking eyes with me.

"Don't test my patience, young man. It has its limits," I warned.

"Show your face here again, and I'll wipe you out from this world," I continued.

"I can feel that you have a lot of mana stored in your body. That's why you're acting tough," I observed.

"I don't underestimate your skills, young man. You look like you've been well-trained by your master and have experience in fighting," I acknowledged.

"But I hope you're not underestimating me. If you think I'm an easy person to deal with..." I said, smiling.

"All you need to do is just show up, and I'll make sure to break your bones before the sun rises," I added firmly before turning away, carrying the sobbing lady on my shoulder.