Chapter 18 - Morning Surprises

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

It was the crack of dawn when unsettling news once again swept through the vast Lazourel empire.

"Oh my goodness, what's happening? " Maid 1 asked.

" I heard Lord Galzroiruss, a respected Marquees, was discovered lifeless in his office with a mysterious hole on his forehead! " Maid 2 says.

" No way, is that some kind of joke?" Maid 3, the maids in the villa couldn't believe what they have heard.

"Are you sure of what you have heard?" Maid 1 asked.

"Yes, I heard it at the market while buying ingredients. People were talking about it, and someone who claimed to have seen the body said it was really horrible." Maid 2 says

As Madeline listened to the shocking details, gasps and whispers of terror spread among the maids in the villa.

"Oh dear, wasn't it Lord Galzroiruss who came by last night to check on our little miss?" one of the maids remarked, deeply engrossed in their gossip. Unaware of Bosworth standing behind them, they continued chatting.

"Yeah, and who else could be taking care of our little miss's injury? Lord Galzroiruss is the best doctor around here," added the second maid, oblivious to Bosworth's presence. Little did they realize, their words were spinning a tale that Bosworth unintentionally caught, adding an air of mystery and intrigue to the atmosphere.

"What's going to happen to our little miss? She needs to get better from her injury!" the third maid exclaimed, and the others nodded in agreement, sharing their concerns.

"*cough* What's all this commotion so early in the morning? I can hear you from the main lobby," Bosworth interrupted, casting a cold look to their way.

"Ah!"

"Mr. Bosworth, did you hear about Lord Galzroiruss's death? They found him dead in his office this morning," the maid informed, but Bosworth's face remained devoid of any emotion. The air thickened with a sense of mystery and anticipation as they awaited his response.

"I ain't interested in prying into someone else's demise or chattering about the departed," Bosworth replied with an icy tone.

"Get back to your tasks and hush it down a bit. Her grace ain't fond of waking up to all this racket so early today," Bosworth commanded, and everyone nodded in compliance.

The atmosphere lingered with a mix of curiosity and tension as Bosworth's words hung in the air, leaving them to ponder the mysteries surrounding the morning.

"And Madeline, go fetch the ewer and basin. Her grace wants to freshen up," Bosworth directed, prompting Madeline and the three other maids to hurry off to attend to Lady Cynthia.

Meanwhile, Bosworth left and headed out to the villa again, taking advantage of the busy atmosphere.

In the midst of the hustle, little Althea in the villa was almost forgotten - Lady Cynthia Van De Roos' soon-to-be daughter.

Letting out a big yawn and stretching her tiny arm upward, little Althea glanced around her bedroom. A smile graced her face as she placed both palms on her cheeks.

"I had a nice nap last night. The bed was comfy, my face isn't itchy anymore, and..." the little lady shared, turning her attention to the mirror.

"Oh, and no more burns," the little lady mentioned casually, starting to walk away. However, she halted midway, turning back to glance at the mirror once more.