Chapter 45 - The Visitor

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

"I think giving it a sparkling dust from a fairy would be much better than making it glow in the dark," someone remarked behind me. Curious, I turned around to see who it was.

"Oh... It's you again," I said, recognizing the person with blue hair and blue eyes, the same guy who had made me feel ill before. You know, the flying thing.

"Well, good afternoon to you," he greeted casually, taking a seat in the chair just across from me while I just watched him.

"Who said you could take a seat?" I questioned, looking at him with a serious look.

"Oops," he responded, he then quickly gets up and I couldn't help but smile at his reaction.

"Now, you can sit down," I said, gesturing for him to take a seat. He nodded in appreciation and then he takes a seat on the chair.

"Anyway, what are you doing? Making gowns? Do you perhaps want to become a dressmaker?" he asked as I sipped my milk.

"No, I'm just making a gown for my beloved mother," I replied, and he nodded in understanding.

"But do you think making my mother's gown glow in the dark is too eye-catching?" I inquired, seeking for his opinion.

"It does sound like a good idea, but I don't think it will yield good results." He says

"For me, It's too attention-grabbing," he reasoned, and I nodded in agreement.

(Oh, but I really like it though.) I thought to myself, feeling a bit disappointed.

"And the gown that you drew does look beautiful. You're good at this, you know, drawing," he complimented.

"I like the gown to be made of cotton," I mentioned, and he nodded his head while staring at me.

"Oh, that's even better. But you shouldn't make it glow in the dark. That's too much attention, if you know what I'm trying to say," he advised, and I nodded in understanding.

"Since the lady, your mother, doesn't have a good reputation in the society, I think starting with less attention is better," he advised.

"You know my mother?" I inquired.

"Who wouldn't? This villa is hers, and... I didn't know she has a daughter," he replied.

"Uh, adopted, not her biological daughter," I clarified.

"Still the same, you're going to be her daughter, but your existence as the lady's daughter isn't known by anyone yet," he explained.

(That is true.)

(Only the people in this villa knows me.)

"What do you think people will say when they hear this? I don't think it will be good though," he remarked.

"Not to mention, she's the fiancee of Prince Lucien, and having a daughter without being married yet... you know very well what these people are going to say to your 'beloved' mother," he continued.

"That's true," I acknowledged.

"That is why, when you're going to make this gown, make it something simple but not too eye-catching," he advised.

"You don't want the lady to be labeled as an attention seeker, do you? Drawing too much attention by wearing such a beautiful gown, especially one made by her daughter," he remarked with a smile, his gaze fixed on me.