Chapter 39 - A Pact with the Dragon

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

As I followed behind them, I couldn't help but be amazed by the breathtaking beauty of this place. It truly felt like paradise.

(This place is simply enchanting!)

(It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen.)

"Greetings," the beast man says as they bow before the mighty dragon, and I do the same.

"A-Ah, greetings," I stammer, avoiding direct eye contact with the mighty dragon Keilbuss, though I sense his movement.

"Raise your head," I hear the mighty dragon say. We all lift our heads, and my heart skips a beat when I see a young, handsome man, perhaps around eighteen or nineteen years old.

(How did the dragon transform into his human form so easily? He was just a dragon a moment ago.)

"Ah, hey... this young girl is looking for you," the beast man says, causing me to give him a puzzuled look.

(Did he just call the mighty dragon 'hey'?)

"Ah..." Keilbuss responds, his gaze scanning me from head to toe, the mighty dragon, protector of land and sky.

"You may all go now, except for this one," Keilbuss declares, directing his attention to me. Everyone else nods and promptly leaves me alone with the mighty dragon.

(Why am I feeling nervous?)

(I'll be fine, right? He's not going to fry me into a fried chicken, right?)

"Greetings, your highness..." Keilbuss says, bowing in front of me, which I find odd.

(Maybe that's just how he greets people?)

"Ah, hello..." I reply, feeling a bit uncertain as he looks at me.

"I can see that you're someone else," Keilbuss says, and I just stare at him, tilting my head.

"W-What do you mean by 'someone else'?" I ask nervously.

"Yes, I can see that you're not the real one who actually resides in 'that' body of yours," Keilbuss continues, his gaze fixed on me.

(What!? Does he know that I'm not the real owner of this body? Does he have that ability?)

(Does he know I've been reincarnated?)

"There's a lot on your mind, isn't there, Fern? One of those things being how you ended up here," Keilbuss remarks, his words causing me to pause.

"How did you know? And how do you know my real name?" I inquire, a mix of surprise and curiosity evident in my voice.

"I know everything," he responds calmly, a small smile playing on his lips, leaving me taken aback.

(Does he realize he's just a character in a story?)

"Everything?" I repeat, trying to comprehend.

"Well, perhaps not absolutely everything. What I mean is, I'm familiar with everything within this realm, but not beyond it," he explains, shedding some light on his statement.

(Beyond this realm...)

"Since you already know who I am and my real name..." I pause, meeting Keilbuss's gaze.

"Then, can you tell me if I've already died in my world? I think I've been reincarnated," I say, feeling a mix of worry and curiosity.

"You think you've been reincarnated?" Keilbuss responds with a hint of amusement, and I nod.