Chapter 13 - Resonance of Freedom

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

As the day turned into evening, Lady Cynthia and the other maids gathered in the little girl's room, waiting anxiously for her to wake up.

Worries filled the air, and Madeline, one of the maids, couldn't help but cry, finding comfort on the head maid's shoulder.

"Your grace, do you think the little lady will ever wake up?" asked another maid with green hair. Lady Cynthia sat on the bed beside little Fern, holding her burned hand, sharing the prevailing concern in the room.

""Absolutely, my dear Althea will certainly wake up," Lady Cynthia assured, wearing a smile while everyone were puzzled.

"Your grace? Did you just refer to the little miss as Althea?" questioned the head maid, her confusion evident. Lady Cynthia, however, beamed with joy as she gazed at the head maid.

"Yes, I've been thinking on what name to give her when I ventured outside the villa, and I settled on naming this child Althea," Lady Cynthia shared, prompting smiles from everyone.

"I decided to name her Althea because the name signifies 'healing,'" Lady Cynthia explained.

"Did I make the right choice for her name? What do all of you think of her name, Althea Melody?" Lady Cynthia inquired.

"Does her grace wish to name the little lady as a healing melody?" Madeline asked, prompting Lady Cynthia to gaze at little Fern.

"Yes, her presence in this world is fresh and brings solace to my heart. Whenever I hear her voice, it resonates like a soothing melody," Lady Cynthia expressed.

"That's why I wish to name her Althea Melody," Lady Cynthia declared.

"Your grace, your name and the little miss's name have a similar sound!" remarked another maid.

"The names Lady Cynthia and little Althea sound lovely," remarked the maid, bringing a smile to Lady Cynthia's face.

"Oh! The little lady's finger just moved this moment," exclaimed Madeline. She approached the bed where little Fern lay, and everyone eagerly anticipated her waking up.

The young one, soon to be named Althea, gradually opened her eyes, finally gazing at everyone who had been concerned for her.

"My little miss! You've finally woken up! We've all been eagerly waiting for you," exclaimed Madeline. Little Fern turned her gaze to the right and saw Lady Cynthia, who was holding her hand with a warm smile.

"Do you sense any discomfort in your body? The doctor mentioned that upon waking up, you might start feeling a burning or painful sensation," Lady Cynthia expressed, her concern evident as she looked at little Fern.

"Oh, please don't worry about me, Mother; it's just a little... scrape," the little lady reassured.

"What do you mean a little scrape?! Little miss, your entire face and even your arms are burned! How can you say it's just a little scrape?" exclaimed Madeline, and everyone agreed with nods.

"Dear, if you ever feel any pain in your body, please let us know so we can call a doctor to check on you right away," Lady Cynthia urged, looking very concerned, and the little lady responded with a smile.

"Oh, please don't trouble yourself, Mother; it's not hurting too badly," the little lady reassured.

"No, you need to be healed when the doctor comes to check on you tomorrow. You must be treated right away," Lady Cynthia insisted.

"This burn on your skin... I'll make him pay for what he did to you," Lady Cynthia declared, directing her gaze towards little Fern.

"You mean his grace?" the little lady asked, and Lady Cynthia smiled in response.

"Yes, that old troublemaker," Lady Cynthia confirmed.

"He'll be dealing with severe consequences, not just for what he did to you but for repeatedly making my life difficult," Lady Cynthia shared, her eyes reflecting both pain and resentment.

"I can withstand anyone causing me pain as much as they want, but not you, because if they do... *smile*," Lady Cynthia declared.

"I'm going to make sure they no longer exist in this world, so when you're better, you won't have to worry about me. Mom will be free from now on," Lady Cynthia said with a smile as she gently touched the burned face of the little lady.

"What do you mean by being free, Mom?" the little lady asked, and Lady Cynthia smiled in response.

"Well, I've been thinking about cutting my connection to that old man since that day," Lady Cynthia explained, her mind focused on something else.

"And now, you've given me yet another reason to do so," Lady Cynthia remarked with a smile.

"I'll sever my ties with Father, make him disown me, and then I'll rebuild my position in society," Lady Cynthia declared.

"I'll establish a new reputation for myself, and for you, all you have to do is concentrate on healing your injury," Lady Cynthia advised.

"You mentioned not wanting me to be sad and angry anymore, right? You wished for me to be free, right? Well, I'll make that happen for both of us. So, dear, focus on healing your injury first," Lady Cynthia encouraged, and little lady Fern nodded in agreement.

"But... if the grand duke disowns you as his daughter, Mother, I worry he might do everything to prevent you from building your own reputation in society," the little lady expressed, observing Lady Cynthia's broad smile.

"Then, as his disowned daughter, I'll use my own methods to damage his reputation - an eye for an eye," Lady Cynthia declared.

"He's no longer my father, my dear, and I won't ever recognize him as such," Lady Cynthia affirmed, still wearing a gentle smile while carefully caressing the little lady's face.

"But even so, Mother, the grand duke is still your father - his blood runs through you," the little lady remarked, causing Lady Cynthia's smile to fade.

"I feel like I'm losing my mind now," Lady Cynthia admitted with a smile.

"Oh, dear child, his blood may flow in my veins, but I won't act kindly or treat him well," Lady Cynthia stated.

"I can't continue being his daughter anymore if he can't be a father for me," Lady Cynthia asserted, wearing a smile.

"And I'm truly fed up with hearing his irritating voice and tired of being bossed around. If he doesn't regard me as his daughter, then I won't consider him my father either," Lady Cynthia expressed.

"I refuse to see him as my father, so if you happen to encounter him again, don't ever recognize him as family," Lady Cynthia instructed.

"Your grace, if you are disowned by his grace, we'll stand by you," the gardener, David, declared, receiving unanimous agreement from everyone present.

"Wherever the little miss and your grace go, we will follow you, until the end!" Madeline vowed, and Lady Cynthia raised her eyebrows in response.

"But, your grace, if you're considering being disowned by his grace, does that imply a change in your last name?" the head maid inquired, to which Lady Cynthia responded with a smile.

"Absolutely. I've already chosen a name, and once I'm no longer his daughter, I'll make him experience what it's like to be an enemy of his own blood," Lady Cynthia declared with a villainous grin, a role she had played more than a hundred times in her life.

.
.
.🦋