Chapter 24: Revelations and Reflections

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

While everyone in the villa was busy, Lady Cynthia faced her own struggles.

None of the doctors wanted to see her, and no noble person was willing to teach Lady Cynthia's adopted daughter.

The reason? It was because of her father, the grand duke, who used his influence to block Lady Cynthia.

He insisted that if Lady Cynthia didn't remove the little lady, she would continue to face hardships and her life would become even more difficult.

Despite this, Lady Cynthia didn't give up hope. She wished for a kind doctor to examine the little lady's condition and hoped for a compassionate person to become the little lady's teacher.

But all her hopes came crashing down once again when Lady Cynthia accidentally encountered the Prince of the Lazourel Empire. He was once again flirting with other noble ladies.

"He's still the same as he always was," Lady Cynthia whispered under her breath.

Prince Lucien noticed her presence and smiled at her. It seemed as if he was expecting a reaction from Lady Cynthia, but she only smiled back, which Prince Lucien found quite odd.

Prince Lucien expected Lady Cynthia to act out in front of him again, just like she always did in her past life. But oddly enough, she didn't show any other expression on her face. She simply gave a bright smile to Prince Lucien and walked away from him.

"I should probably bring a gift for my little daughter, so I won't come home empty-handed," Lady Cynthia says, her thoughts turning to the little lady instead of acting out in front of Prince Lucien.

"Thia!" Prince Lucien called out, grabbing Lady Cynthia's wrist to stop her from walking away.

"Yes, Your Highness? Do you need something from me? If not, please let go. I have more important matters to attend to right now," Lady Cynthia replied calmly, showing no expression as she stared directly into Prince Lucien's eyes.

"Thia, you're acting very strange today," Prince Lucien remarked, still locking eyes with Lady Cynthia.

"What do you mean by that, Your Highness? I only smiled because you smiled at me. Is that strange? If it is, then I apologize. I won't smile at you anymore," Lady Cynthia calmly replied, once again offering a smile.

"Thia, when did you start addressing me by my title? You used to call me by my name. Did something happen in the duchy, Thia? You can tell me; I'll listen," Prince Lucien inquired, his hand hovering near Lady Cynthia's face, but she quickly halted his movement.

"His Highness wants to know my reason?" Lady Cynthia remarked.

"Yes, tell me, Thia. I'll listen to you," Prince Lucien urged, his expression softening.

"Alright," Lady Cynthia agreed.

"Well?" Prince Lucien prompted, waiting for her response.

"I've had enough of all the problems you always bring to me, Your Highness. So, in summary, I have grown tired of you," Lady Cynthia stated bluntly, causing Prince Lucien to smile.

"Oh, Thia, I know you very well. I know you still love me. You're only saying this because I'm not giving you any attention, right?" Prince Lucien asserted confidently, but Lady Cynthia simply raised her eyebrows in response.

"Well, here I am now, showing interest in you. You know that I love you, right? You're my fiancee, so it's only right that I love you too," Prince Lucien continued, trying to persuade her.

"But since we're not married yet, I can have fun with other noble ladies," he added casually, causing Lady Cynthia to chuckle. This caught Prince Lucien off guard, as he hadn't intended to be humorous, and her laughter made him stop smiling.

Prince Lucien, who had never seen Lady Cynthia laugh before, was momentarily speechless. He found it odd that she laughed at him instead of getting angry.

"Oh, Your Highness," Lady Cynthia said, smiling at Prince Lucien, who looked confused.

"Did I…say something funny?" Prince Lucien asked, puzzled, as Lady Cynthia laughed again, even harder this time.

"Oh, Your Highness, you're really so…" Lady Cynthia started, her smile disappearing as she adopted a cold expression.

"So... So F*cking funny," she finished, shocking Prince Lucien with her sudden use of profanity.

"P-Pardon me?" Prince Lucien stammered, taken aback by Lady Cynthia's language.

As Lady Cynthia approached him, Prince Lucien, the crown prince of the Lazourel Empire, took a step back until he was cornered against a wall, with Lady Cynthia just two meters away from him.

"Your Highness, I know it's hard to believe, and you might think I'm crazy…" Lady Cynthia began.

"I'm so tired of hearing your annoying voice. I hate every time His Highness asks me to see him in the palace," Lady Cynthia confessed.

"I despise His Highness's face so much that it gives me nightmares. Seeing His Highness's face in my dreams scares the living daylights out of me," she continued.

"That's why whenever I wake up from a nightmare caused by His Highness, I always pray to the gods that I wish you would stop appearing in my dreams," Lady Cynthia admitted.

"You should know, Your Highness, that whenever I see your face in my dreams, I get this weird feeling and chills. I hate to admit it, but you're such a nightmare," Lady Cynthia confessed, leaving Prince Lucien speechless.

"I've never regretted my life before, Your Highness, and I'll be honest. It's true that I was head over heels for you, but..." Lady Cynthia trailed off, smiling slightly.

"I got over you when I reached forty in my life," Lady Cynthia said, smiling at Prince Lucien.

"And today is my hundredth life, so let's see... forty out of a hundred, that would be sixty," she calculated.

"Oh my, years pass by so quickly, huh? Or is it just me that keeps coming back here?" Lady Cynthia mused, while Prince Lucien remained confused.

"Hmm, you still haven't changed even after my hundredth life, you stupid piece of sh*t," Lady Cynthia remarked.

"What?" Prince Lucien finally spoke up, surprised by her words.

"You heard me, Your Highness. Please don't act deaf," Lady Cynthia retorted, then noticed a woman selling beautiful purple tulips.

"Oh my god, please excuse me, Your Highness, but I must buy all those flowers from that woman. I must bring some gifts for my cute and lovely daughter," Lady Cynthia exclaimed before immediately running away from Prince Lucien, leaving him dumbfounded and trying to process what had just happened.

"Daughter? And to whom did she give birth!?" Prince Lucien exclaimed, his shock evident as he looked after Lady Cynthia.

.
.
.
.🦋