Chapter Fourteen: The Swimsuit

“Come on, Autumn, wake up.”

I mumbled something incoherent but I refused to open my eyes. Summer poked me again. “Autumn. We already landed.”

Groaning, I eventually opened my eyes. I rubbed them sleepily and gave out a very much un-ladylike yawn. “We are?”

“Let's better go out. Mom and Dad might be waiting for us there.”

“What part of the United States of America is this, anyway?”

“We're not in America,” she snorted.

My head shot up. “Say what? Where are we?”

“Asia.”

What?

“Yep. It's an island just near Thailand.”

“And we own it?” I clarified, my eyes wide like saucers.

“Uhuh. Amazing what you can have with money, eh?”

I silently agreed with her. I followed her out of the private jet plane. I noticed that we were the only ones left behind. The others might have gone before us. And sure enough, when I hopped out of the plane, I saw Olive talking excitedly with Mandy. It's her first time here - like me.

I might have gone in the past, but then my amnesia ruined it all. Thus, I can't remember the first or last time I've been here. 

Suddenly, I felt someone hung their arm around my shoulders. I don't need to look up to see that it's Sandor. He was grinning. “Wow. You never told me you own an island. Even before you had your amnesia.”

“It wasn't important... maybe.”

“Oh well, it's nice,” he said appreciatively.

“There you are!” All of us turned around and saw Mom, wearing short shorts (really, she dress as if she was a teenager like me) and pink tank top. Taking of her Gucci sunglasses, she grinned at us. “How was your flight?”

 “It was okay,” Mandy replied, shrugging nonchalantly.

“Great. Now let's go in the car so we can start our late birthday party for Summer!” she announced excitedly. “Henry wanted to come to greet you here but then he has to leave and fly back to Los Angeles for some work. But he will be here tomorrow or the day after that, don't worry.”

I saw Summer roll her eyes. “I bet,” she muttered sarcastically but there was no mistaking the hurt in her eyes.

“Enough talking. Why don't we go to the van?” Mom suggested. 

With that, everybody tugged on their suitcases and began to follow Mom to the van. As I was walking, Sandor left my side and caught up with my mom to talk to her with things I don't know about. Seconds later, Xavier came beside me, carrying his suitcase. 

“Hey Autumn,” he said with a brief smile.

“Hi,” I greeted him back.

“It's been a while since we've last talked, right?”

“Well, we've both been busy,” I said, chuckling. 

“I have no idea you're this rich,” he said casually, gesturing the surroundings. “You practically own an entire island. That's un-freaking-believable. And I mean that in a good way.”

I laughed. “Well, what can I say? When your parents are both popular in Hollywood, you're forced to live this way.”

He grinned. “It's nice. Really, it is.”