Chapter Twenty-Three: Secrets Revealed

My eyes fluttered open. The light that was coming out of my window blinded me for a moment. I raised my hand and rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes. I gave out a loud yawn and tried to sit up. But something’s aching down there. I looked down and realized I was naked.

In a flash, the events of last night flooded my brain. I turned around and saw Xavier, snoring softly. I smiled tenderly and lied on my bed again. I touched his bare chest and caressed him.

He slowly smiled and moaned. He opened one eye and then another. “Hi there,” he said huskily.

“Hi,” I whispered and then kissed his lips. “I had a wonderful time last night. Thank you.”

“It’s my pleasure,” he replied, kissing my nose affectionately. “What time is it?”

“I don’t know. I just woke up.” I hopped out of my bed and slipped into my panty and bra. I glanced at Xavier over my shoulder, who was watching me with hungry eyes. “You better change. Summer and Mandy might be awake. You have to leave.”

“Do you want me to leave?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No, but you know why you have to,” I said pointedly. “Summer would know you spend the night here and she’ll totally ground me.”

Xavier sighed and finally stood up. I sneakily glanced at his perfect toned body as he was dressing up. Unfortunately, he caught me and smirked arrogantly. “Take a picture, it lasts longer.”

I blushed and looked away. When we were done dressing up, I slowly opened my door. I raised my index finger to my lips, telling Xavier to be quiet. He nodded and quietly followed me. We were walking down the stairs – actually, we’re tiptoeing – when a voice made us stop.

“Autumn?”

I instantly froze. There was no mistaking that it was Summer’s voice. I gulped nervously then turned around. Xavier was beside me and he, too, looked nervous. My sister was standing on the top of the stairs, wearing her work clothes.

“What’s going on here?” Summer asked, narrowing her eyes. She planted a hand on her hip as she gazed at us sternly. “What’s he doing here?”

“Um… Uh…”

“Autumn, I need my answers to my questions. Now.”

“Summer, listen—”

“The voice I heard last night wasn’t you, was it? It was Xavier! I told you that you’re not allowed to bring boys. I told you that, remember?”

“Yes,” I sighed, defeated. “But I can explain. Please if you just give me a chance.”

“Fine. Explain now.”

“I brought Xavier here because…” I trailed off. Why did I bring Xavier here again? Because I want to spend time with him. And that’s not a good reason to give.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought too,” Summer drawled. Her eyes left mine and went to Xavier’s. “And you, what can you say about this?”

Suddenly, Xavier started to laugh. I turned to him in shock. Why the hell was he laughing? It wasn’t a laughing matter. Summer’s angry and that’s not a joke. “Xavier, what are you doing?” I hissed.

There was another laughter and I looked up. Summer was also laughing her head off.

Okay, something’s going on that I don’t understand. Why were they laughing? What’s so funny?

“You totally bought that,” Xavier gasped through his laughs. I frowned, turning to him. “Before your accident… We were dating secretly, remember? Summer and Mandy knew. And they know that I’m spending some nights here.”