Chapter Twenty-Five: The Girl in the Attic

As soon as classes had ended, Xavier and I left the school immediately. We went to his house, knowing that we were going to be all alone. I had texted Summer that I’m going to spend the night on Xavier’s house, since it was a Friday. She had replied, “Sure, just use a condom. ;)” I rolled my eyes at that. 

It was four in the afternoon when we heard Sandor arrive with his car. He went to his room and stayed there for a very long time, doing God knows what. Xavier told me Sandor does that everyday for a week. He just gets out at seven-thirty, eats dinner and at eight PM, he leaves the house.

“Do you have a help?” I asked Xavier. I was lying on his bed as he was reading the News Feed on his Facebook. “Because I’m kind of hungry.”

“We do, but she doesn’t spend the night here,” Xavier replied. “She just stays in the morning and early afternoon. If you want food, it’s downstairs. I’ll just have to go there and give you food.”

“Please.”

Xavier stood up from his chair and stepped out of his room. I quickly locked it. Sandor shouldn’t know that I’m here with Xavier. The only reason why I was here because at eight, we’re going to follow Sandor wherever he goes.

After three minutes, Xavier knocked on the door softly. I unlocked the door and he walked in, closing the door and locking it once again. He gave me a plate of macaroni and cheese as he sat back down on his computer seat.

I frowned, watching him as I began to eat my macaroni and cheese. “I didn’t know you’re a Facebook addict,” I said conversationally.

Xavier chuckled softly. “No. I’m just looking for things about Kelly.”

“Did you find anything?”

“Unfortunately, no.”

I sighed. “I have a feeling that she’s not yet dead. Even though Claire’s a real bitch, she wouldn’t let anyone kill Kelly. They may not be really friends, but Kelly’s there when Claire needs someone.”

The silence continued for some hours until someone knocked on Xavier’s door. Xavier quickly got up from his seat, with big wide eyes. I placed the plate of macaroni and cheese on his desk and mouthed nervously, “Where should I hide?”

“Closet?” he mouthed back.

I shook my head firmly. Even though I would like to see what kind of clothes Xavier keeps in his closet, I don’t want to see his briefs. I always freak out whenever I see a man’s underwear.

“Under your bed?” I whispered urgently.

“Xavier? Are you there?” came Sandor’s voice.

“Wait a minute!” Xavier replied loudly. Then he turned to me and nodded. “Go, under the bed.”

I went down to my knees and crawled under Xavier’s bed. Thankfully, his room wasn’t the typical teenage boy room. Usually, a boy’s room would be dirty, filled with his used clothing on the floor and sometimes, used condoms.

When I was safely underneath Xavier’s bed, Xavier opened the door. I saw Sandor’s jeans and his black Converse shoes as he stepped in the room. Xavier closed the door behind him, clearing his throat anxiously. “So, what’s up, brother?”

“It took you so long to open the door,” Sandor complained and then glanced at the computer. “Oh. I get it.”

“What?”

“You were watching porn, weren’t you?”

A giggle was about to leave my mouth but I clapped my hand over my mouth to stop myself. Well, Sandor had a weird sense of humor.