Chapter Five: Embarrassing Moments

I stood in front of my full-length mirror and raised an eyebrow skeptically. I noticed Mandy nodding her approval on the corner of my eye. “You think he would like this?” I asked  

            Mandy grinned. “I think he would.”

            There was a loud honk from outside and I inhaled sharply. He’s here.

            My cousin smiled at me slyly. “I’ll open the door for him. You better get ready. He’s very impatient.”

            I rolled my eyes as Mandy walked out of my room. I bit my lip nervously as I twirled around in front of my mirror, making my red dress flutter noisily. I’m wearing a halter neck red dress and big red pumps. My hair was curled and I was wearing very light makeup.

            Sandor asked me out yesterday if I could go out with him. I immediately said yes because I wanted to know him better. It’s very weird – walking on the hallways, eating lunch together, kissing… and I don’t even know a single personal thing about him.

            Sighing, I grabbed my red purse that was lying on my desk. I walked out of my room and nervously walked down the stairs. When I saw Sandor leaning on the door frame while talking to Mandy, my heart suddenly raced. He was wearing a black polo shirt, white jeans and black Vans shoes. His black hair was styled messily and when those perfect blue eyes stared at mine, I could feel my hair at the back of my neck rise – in a good way.

            He stood up straighter than smiled at me in a charming way. “Autumn.”

            I returned his smile. “Sandor.”

            “So I expect her to be back home before eight-thirty,” Mandy said sternly.

            I mentally groaned inside my head. “Could it be a little later, Mandy?”

            She shot me a look. “Your sister wants you safe.”

            Sandor chuckled. “She’s in good hands. Don’t worry, Mandy.” He lent out his hand and I reached out and grabbed it. “You look very, stunningly beautiful.”

            I blushed. “I’m not really good with compliments… I don’t get them that much…”

            He flicked my nose affectionately. “Get used to it, baby.”

            I smiled and we both bade Mandy goodbye. We stepped out of my house. It’s already six and Sandor told me that he’d bring me in a restaurant – a classy restaurant, for that matter.

            We both hopped in Sandor’s car and he started the engine. While driving, he asked, “How was your first week?”

            I shrugged nonchalantly. “It was okay.”

            “I know you feel different.”

            I sighed and leaned my head on the window. “I do.”

            “A good or bad different?”

            “I don’t know.”

            Sandor glanced at me before turning back to the road. “Ah.”

            For the rest of the ride, there was silence. Sandor suddenly slowed down when we reached a very classy-looking Italian restaurant. He parked and for a moment, we just sat there on our seats.