Chapter Nineteen: Like Before

My eyes fluttered open. Squinting from the sudden brightness, I pushed myself up from my lying position. As I rested my head on the headboard of my bed, I suddenly noticed that Xavier was lying on the floor, sleeping.

I felt my eyes widen as the memories from last night filled my mind. How I kissed Xavier… How Sandor caught us… How he said he still won’t break up with me…

I heard someone gasp and my head snap to that direction. Olive was sitting on her bed, looking down on Xavier in shock. Then she looked up at me. “What is he doing here?”

I raised my hands innocently. “I can explain.”

“Please do!” Olive got up from her bed and threw on her robe. Fastening her belt, she looked up at me with questioning eyes. “Well? Anytime is perfect!”

I sighed. “Xavier wants us to meet up last night by the pool. I thought he’d like to talk about something but then it turned out that he wants making out. So—”

“Oh shit, don’t tell me. You slept with him?!”

“What?! Olive, don’t be stupid!”

She cringed, smiling sheepishly. “Sorry. Continue with your story, my friend.”

“So,” I continued, “Sandor caught us. He beat Xavier up then I told him to stop. But he didn’t listen so I stepped in front of him. And… um, he accidentally slapped me in the face.”

“He did what?!”

“I tried to talk to him about breaking up with me but then he still refused. He said that I belong to him and I’m his.”

“Shit, that’s just wrong,” Olive said sympathetically. “I think Sandor have some psychological problems.”

I frowned disapprovingly. “Olive.”

“But, seriously, what kind of normal boyfriend would do that?”

“He’s just possessive.”

My best friend gave me a look. “No shit, Sherlock.” Then she pointed at the sleeping Xavier on the floor. “That doesn’t explain on why he’s sleeping here.”

“When Sandor left, I tried to talk with Xavier. Then he fainted. So… I carried him here in our room.”

Olive’s jaw dropped. “You carried him? Alone?”

I nodded, shrugging. “I think my adrenaline helped me.” Then something dawned to me. I shuffled uncomfortably on the bed. “Uh… before Xavier passed out, I talked to him… and well, you wouldn’t believe what he said.”

“Which is?”

I cleared my throat and stared at Olive right in the eye. “He told me he loves me.”

Olive started shouting… and jumping. Miraculously, Xavier continued snoring, still oblivious from the world. Then Olive ran to my side, grasped my face with her hands and pressed her forehead to mine.

“Oh. My. God!” she practically screamed.

I laughed and pulled away. “I think you’re happier than I am.”

“Xavier told you that he loves you!” Olive said, rolling her eyes as if I was stupid. “Aren’t you happy? Don’t you feel the same?”

I sighed and got up from bed. Should I tell Olive about my real feelings? If I ever would do that, she won’t stop badgering me about Xavier. Plus, didn’t I try to deny about my real feelings for Xavier? I don’t want Sandor to hurt Xavier anymore because of me.

Making up my mind, I turned and faced Olive. She was raising her eyebrows expectantly.

Slowly, I shook my head. “No, Olive. I don’t feel the same.”